Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I havent seen any major deer sign, 4 rubs and 1 scrape. Ive had about 10 sits in the last 12-15 days and have only seen one shoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I havent seen any major deer sign, 4 rubs and 1 scrape. Ive had about 10 sits in the last 12-15 days and have only seen one shoo

I havent seen any major deer sign, 4 rubs and 1 scrape. Ive had about 10 sits in the last 12-15 days and have only seen one shooter on the 7th. He was chasing a doe. I dont know if she came into estrous early or what. Talked to the out of town guys who were also hunting the property, both harvested decent bucks, their tarsals werent really dark and both were shot in late evening. In south eastern Ohio the youth season is this weekend and they usually get the best weekend of the rut to go out. Does anyone else think the rut will HIT HARD this coming week or would I be wasting my time with in the tree with everything on lockdown or recharging?

Rut's starting to wind down here in southern Ok.

Comment

The rut here in south eastern Ohio is so unpredictable. It will be hot one day and cool off the next. I havent been able to figure it out in ten years. I emailed the Game Warden and he said it should be awsome hunting the 9th and 10th but I still dont know. These deer drive me nuts!LOL

Comment

Big storm coming up the Ohio valley tonight. High winds. That should mess things up for a few days and then if it does not warm up too much the weekend should be good.

Comment

I saw NOTHING all week. This was the last week in PA. Literally at 5minutes past shooting time yesterday, the last day, the field behind my stand filled with deer. I buck was chasing does all over. I was swearing all week nothing was happening. No rubs, no scrapes and those that were hot were covered with leaves. I walked six miles one day looking for a fresh scrape and found only 1. But they were chasing all over in the moonlight. It made me laugh because they looked like they were mocking me dancing around like that. Thats why I love hunting you never really know why they do things sometimes.

Comment

Its all a big crap shoot!lol So this coming week should get hot in the Ohio Valley?

Comment

the chasing phase was occuring during the first few days of november in MI. saw a lot of activity and shot a nice one november 3rd. bucks are still chasing around here with a little breeding going on. heavy gun hunting pressure in MI tends to put a damper on that activity real quick though.

Comment

Here in central Kansas our rut is just about to break out hard. I have seen several bucks chasing does, but I don't quite think we are there yet. I had a couple of young bucks come in yesterday to scent wicks. My personal opinion is that you are never wasting your time sitting in the stand. You never know when that bruiser is going to walk by. You can't shoot a giant if you aren't in the stand. Any day in the outdoors is better than a day in the house.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad