Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is full moon good or bad for deer hunting

Is full moon good or bad for deer hunting

A full moon can only aid in the Rut of Deer Season, it just depends in what part or time zone of the Country your hunting in.

Comment

I would say the deer are nervous in a full moon and tend to bed down earlier.

Comment

No.

Comment

I have typically had poor success during a full moon. From what I've seen it looks like they are nocturnal on those nights. That being said, hunt anyway. You can't kill one sitting on the couch!

Comment

I have typically had poor success during a full moon. From what I've seen it looks like they are nocturnal on those nights. That being said, hunt anyway. You can't kill one sitting on the couch!

Comment

Course it's good, they feed more by night and you don't need your spotlight to get em'! Just kidding, IMHO they do move more at night during a full moon and are less active by day. But as said above, can't get em if you dont go!!

Comment

I have always had poor success during full moon. They seem to feed more during the night.

Comment

Pray-Hunt-Work is correct. They feed heavy during a full moon at night and then when full get to bed early while still dark and and get up late.

Comment

I have had success in full moon.

Comment

imabowguy, I second that!

Panfishking, I have many trail camera photos of bucks hitting my bait pile during midday. They eat all night long with the moon light and get hungry again by noontime.
                      Most bucks I have shot were during midday.

Another reason midday is good hunting is most New Jersey bear and deer hunters on public land push the woods and move game while heading back to their vehicle for a lunch break.

I posted this nine point Jersey buck during midday. The moon was full that day.

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?pnid=1001478038#1001478038

Comment

Try sitting 10 to 2 on full moon days.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad