Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone care to age and score the buck I recently posted in the photos section? Probably a couple pages back now. Or on my profil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone care to age and score the buck I recently posted in the photos section? Probably a couple pages back now. Or on my profil

Anyone care to age and score the buck I recently posted in the photos section? Probably a couple pages back now. Or on my profile it should be the 2 most recent photos. Thanks

Steve, I click on your profile name and scroll down to your two eight point buck photos.

Nice buck for New Jersey.
    The age I estimate is 3 1/2 years old.
    His score the middle 130's. He will lose points on the uneven brow tines.
    Good Luck, I hope you get him.

Comment

Comment

He could be as young as 2 1/2 but I think Gary's right at 3 1/2. I also figured he'd break the 130 mark but not by much. Doesn't look to be carrying much mass, missing the brow, and even though he's got length, he's not wide and again pretty thin. Nothing wrong with a 130" 8pt though..

Comment

for the area, he's a stud. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

He was there opening day of archery, but stayed in the distance but made quite a racket. The only other time I know he was there during daylight was about a week ago, with few minutes to spare.

Comment

steve, nice deer. Are you putting out any mineral blocks for them? He is definitely old enough to take his place in the freezer. Also like the 9pt your son got in PA.

Comment

Jimbo, That buck is from western Pa. shot by a family friend. My boy doesn't want to hunt deer yet(?). The Jersey buck is a great specimen for the area, but they die of old age here, hiding in the cattail and cedar swamps or greenbriars so thick you cannot walk through

Comment

Steve, another thing that can keep bucks safe and able to reach old age is being a nocturnal creatures of the night.

Comment

Hiya steve182, good to see some posts from you again.
                    I agree with Gary, I was going to guess 130-140 depending on mass and 3 1/2.
                    I hope you cross paths with him this year.
                    I just finished up rifle here in MN and sat through four COLD days without seeing a deer. D'oh.
                    Lots of movement at night and we have some trail cam phots that might be a wolf. Last thing we need just as the herd was stabilizing in that area.
                    I poured some estrus pee in a scrape one night and the next morning you could see where two bucks had chased a doe all over creation in the swamp. Guess they forgot the invitation was for just around sunrise not midnight.
                    Good hunting to you and the family!

Comment

Would love to see you shoot that deer. Keep on his trail and good luck.

Comment

Chuckles, yeah I guess I've been MIA, got a lot going on. May hunt deer next month with my Shaw rifle since I didn't get away for Bow. Good to hear from you too. You had some bear action didn't you?
                        buckhunter, I'm counting on shooting that buck. I'll need to to win the pool i'm in, as a guy I don't really care for has the current lead. Hope all is well in Ohio. I'd love to hunt deer out there again but i'm a year or two out at least. I'd guess you shot a nice one already.
                        Thanks for the well wishes all,...enjoying the season very much.

Comment

steve182, I did see a small bear and a couple of little ones kept me pinned in the stand till well after dark one night. I did not get to pull the trigger this year for either deer or bear.
                          We still have muzzleloader season so hopefully something will shake loose.
                          Might do some late archery but I started a new job this year and the boss man is not a hunter and I have used up all the vacation already.
                          Best to you and the family.

Comment

steve182, I did see a small bear and a couple of little ones kept me pinned in the stand till well after dark one night. I did not get to pull the trigger this year for either deer or bear.
                            We still have muzzleloader season so hopefully something will shake loose.
                            Might do some late archery but I started a new job this year and the boss man is not a hunter and I have used up all the vacation already.
                            Best to you and the family.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad