Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's all hunting in the morning? according to field and stream it is the best day of the rut. I am hunting the funnel where I s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's all hunting in the morning? according to field and stream it is the best day of the rut. I am hunting the funnel where I s

who's all hunting in the morning? according to field and stream it is the best day of the rut. I am hunting the funnel where I shot that buck last week in the morning, and a place with a few ponds and a lot of woods in the afternoon.

Bright and sunny here in Washington..

Looks like a good time to take The Dawg up the gravel road past the ranger station and go up the Mountain to where the grouses await next to the springs that feed the creek that crosses the road and maybe unlimber that brand-new Browning Citori XS Sporting .410 with 30"barrels. Not take too many, mebbe two so they're fresh. I'm the only one around here who hunts birds, so they're not jumpy.

I'll sautee them in a mix of peppers, sweet onions, and wild mushrooms; and I'll grill a roast for Woofie. All my neighbors are envious and they want to know how to get to be my dawg. It's easy. All anybody's got to do is be born into the right litter at the right time.

Dad's gotta be Nat'l Champ. Mom a Field Champ. Everybody knows: If your dog cost more than your truck, you might be a redneck!

Comment

What state are you from? My rut is over and all my bucks have moved out. I saw my last one this Saturday am and I let him go. I am in southern Louisiana. But anyways how did you do on your hunt?

Comment

I am hunting in South Central Kansas and the rut is really just about to peak. I hunt every opportunity I get, but I am seeing the most activity in the late morning. We are just having colder temeratures come through and the big boys are seeking and chasing on colder afternoons. I took a bruiser at 4:15 last thursday afternoon. I got him right after a fight with a big 10. He immediatly come to my rattling and grunting after finishing with the other buck. I see lots of doe movement and some chasing in the morning, but haven't seen as much in the morning. I think I was just in the right place at the right time last week.

Comment

I am hunting in Illinois. saw a lot of deer but no rut activity. there was a decent buck at about 40-50 yards and I tried to coax him in with rattling, grunting and doe bleats but he just walked off. evening hunt was cold!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad