Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a question about scent wicks for hunting out in the field. Is there any way to preserve them for later use or do y'all j

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a question about scent wicks for hunting out in the field. Is there any way to preserve them for later use or do y'all j

This is a question about scent wicks for hunting out in the field. Is there any way to preserve them for later use or do y'all just let them dry out and rescent them later on the next hunting trip. For me I hunt morning and noons almost everyday so is there anyway to preserve them, maybe keeping on a little more scent for later use

Zip-locks work ok for this purpose. Of course you have to be careful not to contaminate the scent.

Comment

35 mm film canister with scent covered cotton balls.

Comment

I use zip-locks too and re-scent them on the next outing.

Comment

Everyone has said it - Zip Lock bags are the same thing I use. I use the bigger ones where you can write on them so I know what, is in what bag.

Then, I put all of those in 1 separate giant 1 gallon bag.

Comment

thanks guys, yea i just did a ziplock in a rubbermaid container combo, should be just fine

Comment

Ziplock bags and containers work well but what I have found to work best for me is tinks scent bottles. They have a screw on lid and you dump the scent into the bottle. You can buy a 3 pack at wal mart for around $5 and you can close them up when you get done. This preserves the scent on the wick and liquid inside the canister. They have rubber o-rings and I have never had one leak in my pack. I do recommend freshening them up when you use them though. Maybe a drop or 2 of fresh stuff and hang'em up.

Comment

so what youre basically saying SCbuilder66, is that to use old empty tinks bottles?

Comment

oh i see what youre saying SCbuilder, those tinks scent bombs, where you just pour the stuff straight into it.

Comment

Yes that's what I was saying. I forgot the name on the bottles, but they work very well for me. All they are is a bottle with a wick in it, but you can screw the lid on it and keep from wasting your scent. I don't use them after they start to dry out but I can use a bottle for a season then I toss them. I also try and keep from mixing estrous scents. My personal favorite is the code blue just because it is actual urine from a single numbered doe in estrous.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad