Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL BY'GOLLY, FIELDANDSTREAM.COM IS ABOUT AS SCREWED UP AS THE OBAMACARE WEBSITE!................... I wonder if it's the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS I was speaking of a young lady which you are not so why-------?

Comment

AHH Internet Herpes the gift that keeps giving

Comment

OK, I'm getting sick of this, who keeps giving everybody -1s.

Comment

Oh good, somebody just gave everybody +1s.

Comment

Love these guys get comic relief.

Comment

You guys are great comic relief. Following is so confusing but so entertaining.

Comment

buffoon: noun \b?-?fün\

1. a stupid or foolish person who tries to be funny.

2. a ludicrous figure : clown

3. a gross and usually ill-educated or stupid person.

Comment

Oh, hi WAM. my pager just went off and directed me to your last post. What can I do for you?

Comment

If you guys are confused as to what happened I'll expain: Carl Huber's post kept getting negatives for no reason, so 99 made it sound like he thought it was me and Dallas because of our previous argument with Mr. Huber on another thread but it wasn't me because I'm not mad at Mr. Huber. Then Dallas thought Mr. Huber was talking about him but he wasn't. And finally, some people kept coming through giving everybody negatives in mass, then some body gave everybody positives, then somebody gave everybody negatives again, finally somebody gave everybody positives.

Comment

If you guys are confused as to what happened I'll expain: Carl Huber's post kept getting negatives for no reason, so 99 made it sound like he thought it was me and Dallas because of our previous argument with Mr. Huber on another thread but it wasn't me because I'm not mad at Mr. Huber. Then Dallas thought Mr. Huber was talking about him but he wasn't. And finally, some people kept coming through giving everybody negatives in mass, then some body gave everybody positives, then somebody gave everybody negatives again, finally somebody gave everybody positives.

Comment

I had to consult the Solunar Tables to decipher that explanation, and I still don't care. The pluses and minus aren't worth a tinker's dam, and overall are a really stupid idea for a site like this.

Here's the thing: if you wouldn't say something to a person's face while sitting in his hunting camp, don't say it here. There are idiots in the world. So what. It's not your job to educate or change them, and it's not our pleasure to read your attempts to do so. Just let it go.

Now, let's talk about hunting (field) or fishing (stream) please.

Comment

Amflyer,
                          Glad the connection is still working. I was worried there for a bit. Nice beast on your avatar! Story?

Comment

I don't care about +s or -s either and I don't give people -s or +s but I guess 99 and Mr. Huber do care and do give -s and +s.

Comment

WAM,

This year was the missus and I's 20th anniversary, and she told me she wanted to go on a trip somewhere warm and sandy.

The Kalahari is warm (relativly) and sandy, says I...and to my surprise she agreed. So we set up a hunting (70%) and touristing trip to Namibia.

I shot that Kudu on our anniversary, and that night we had champagne and Kudu (great!) and Zebra (better than the Kudu!)for supper. I hunted in the Khomas Hochlands for the Xebra, an hour outisde Windhoek for Warthog and Kudu, and then their home ranch near the Botswana border in the Kalahari.

I shot primarily a 375 H & H with TTSX's and a 30-06 with the same. The animals were very tough, and the shots longer than I anticipated (with the terrain in the Kalahari being more open.) Had to do some tracking on the Zebra and the Blue Wildebeest after the shot. The Wildebeest absorbed three shots from the 375 and stopped two bullets. My first shot missed the heart by a few inches, and evidently didn't get any major vessels, just lung. I fired another raking shot quartering away, which was a bit far back but should have hit the liver. After tracking the animal, I put the final bullet through both shoulders. Still fought for a while after the last shot. Only the raking shot was a through and through, the rest stopped on the far side under the skin.

I'm a North American hunter used to seeing things fall down after 50 yards, so it was a bit of an ego-reducer. Those animals have more "go" than what I'm used to, and you need to shoot perfectly.

My two favorite animals I hunted were the Kudu and a lovely Kalahari Gemsbok. The company of the PH and his family was outstanding, and I like to think we parted as friends. Trying to work out a way to get back sometime.

If you want to read the short story I wrote for their website, here's the link. They have a hunting story page, so it's not like I'm published or anything, just a fun way or reading about others experiences and sharing your own. It's in two parts.

Part One; www.kalahari-trophy-hunting.com/bookends.html

Part two: www.kalahari-trophy-hunting.com/bookends-part-two.html

Comment

Dang. Tried to post this as a reply, computer locked up, so reposted as it's own "Answer." Disregard one or another, I guess.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad