Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well its about that time of year again, every year i try and buy at least one game camera. i try and keep about half a dozen run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well its about that time of year again, every year i try and buy at least one game camera. i try and keep about half a dozen run

well its about that time of year again, every year i try and buy at least one game camera. i try and keep about half a dozen running on different property through most of the year. usually at some point one of them gives up the ghost or a bear decides it wants to play with it. at the moment im down 2 camera and looking to replace them. ive always had cuddeback and moultrie with great results. i was just wondering what everyone else used and recommended. im looking for fast trigger speed good quality day and night photos and good battery life. i dont really want to spend more than about $150 per camera, but at the same time ive had enough cheap cameras to know you get what you pay for.

I have two Stealth Cam and like them. The newer one has a fast trigger speed, easy on batteries and good quality pictures. Won't break the wallet either.

Comment

I have a Bushnell Camera, and I have been extremely pleased with it. It takes great pictures, and even the night time pictures are good quality. You can get them at Walmart for about $110, if I'm not mistaken. The battery life is also pretty good, lasting about 5 months with Energizer AA Lithium batteries. I also have a WildGame Innovations camera, which I haven't been as pleased with, but it was only $70, and you get what you pay for. Also, to extend your camera life, buy some trail cam security boxes. They are fairly cheap on Ebay, it will be a one time purchase, and it will keep you from having to buy new trail cams every year if you don't want to.

Comment

I have had Cudd, Moult, Bushnell and Stealth Cam. The "bang for the buck" is definitely my Stealth Cams. Fast, great pictures and distance, temperature gauge and easy to setup and program plus it has cable locking mechanisms

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad