Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am taking a ground blind out into the woods this weekend. I am unable to drive a large tractor or truck back to where the blin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRE716
    replied
    Thanks Everyone. I have a pulley system that I am taking. I thought that would be the easiest but wanted to see what everyone thought. E.J.H there will be lots of guys food and drinks lol

Leave a comment:

• E.J.H
    replied
    A lot of guys, drinks and some food.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    If it will be by a tree, put some eye bolts near the top and stake the two legs to the ground that will be farthest from the tree. Throw a line over a branch of the tree and tie to the two eye bolts. Then pull the rope with the tractor to pull it upright next to the tree. You can put a pulley up in the tree if you can climb it or take a ladder with you - that will make it pull easier.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I use the winch on my 4wheeler and a pulley about 14 ft high on the tree and winch it up close. Since you don't have a winch, just tie the rope to ghe back of the tracker and drive. Another option would be to use a block and tackle.

Leave a comment:

• I am taking a ground blind out into the woods this weekend. I am unable to drive a large tractor or truck back to where the blin

I am taking a ground blind out into the woods this weekend. I am unable to drive a large tractor or truck back to where the blind will be located. I will be able to drive my lawn tractor back there with a small trailer. At first thought I was just going take everything apart and reassemble it on top of the stilts. But after much thought I decided it may be easier to tip it onto a little trailer and pull it out with my little tractor. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to tip the blind up with the stilts connected to it. It is going to be about 8ft high and I dont have to worry about hitting holes. It is a 6x6 so it is quite heavy HELP...

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad