Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im fixing to build box blind / Hunting house needs to be big enough for 2 and people and a child. was wondering what everyone he

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im fixing to build box blind / Hunting house needs to be big enough for 2 and people and a child. was wondering what everyone he

im fixing to build box blind / Hunting house needs to be big enough for 2 and people and a child. was wondering what everyone here would recommend 6ft by 6ft or 8ft by 8 ft, the only thing its going to be used for is taking 4 year old and 5 year old nephew hunting?

i would build it 6 foot, by 8 foot. if you are wanting to save money, and spend time with your nephews, take them out in the woods, and teach them how a ground blind is built out of all-natural materials. because 1) it saves money. 2) your spending time with your nephews. 3) your bringing them into the woods. with is a good experience, for any child no matter what age. and 4) you get to be the one to teach them how to build a ground blind out of natural materials. and teaching young loved ones things they will remember for their many years to come, is always a good feeling. because when they get older and build that awesome blind for their kids, or young loved ones, they can say, my uncle taught me this, when i was just a young one. my opinion would be, take them boys out to the woods, teach them how to build a natural materials blind, then come time to hunt, teach them the next step. just like anything else in life, there are steps you gotta follow to be a good hunter.

Comment

Go to the Shack.com for some good ideas

Comment

With a 4 and 5 year old I would build it 8 by 8.

Comment

I'd use a single sheet if 3/4" cd for a floor. That will make your blind 4x8. Plenty big!

Comment

I would also go with a 6'x8'. 6' will give you and anyone else room to draw a bow and being 8' wide it will give three people room to sit beside each other. However for ease of build an 8'x8' would be the easiest. You can buy precut 8' studs which are not actually 8' they are 92 5/8" and use those which will only require cutting a small portion of the flooring rather than buying another sheet of plywood. IF you're interested I can draw up a plan for you and post it here.

Comment

Dcast i appreciate the offer for the plan, but i dont think i will need it ive been in construction most of my life. i was just wondering what size everyone would recommend for 2 adults and a child, im not going the cheapest way on this but i figure studs 24in on center and just a shed roof, i had thought about A frame the roof. but for ease of construction i think just a shed roof will be fine. also im trying to decide on windows, weather to use storm windows or just some type of flip up covering. also shingles or tin i have a supply of both??

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad