Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you usually sit in your treestand? Usually 2.5 or 3 hours for me. if I get bored I climb down and still hunt. yester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you usually sit in your treestand? Usually 2.5 or 3 hours for me. if I get bored I climb down and still hunt. yester

How long do you usually sit in your treestand? Usually 2.5 or 3 hours for me. if I get bored I climb down and still hunt. yesterday I snuck up on a good buck while still hunting but I couldn't get a shot. also, hows deer season going for everybody?

I have a shoothouse and I go in it 1 hour before daylight and stay until after dark. I usually see deer move almost all day long. Out buck season here in WV doesn't start until the Monday before Thanksgiving. I don't bow hunt.

Comment

Usually, I sit in my stand from 30 minutes before daylight to lunch time (about 12:00 for me), and about 2:00 until dark (about 7:45), so most of the time, 5-6 hours. I went out last weekend, and didn't see a thing, but I just got a trail cam photo of a nice buck walking past my stand in plain daylight, so things are looking up.

Comment

The New Jersey bear season is only six days.
        I will not waste time back at the vehicle napping, eating lunch or shooting the bull.
        I go in the dark and come out in the dark.
        I never get bored.

Seeing those night time trail camera photos of those two heavy weight black bears, locked me into that tree stand like a magnet.

Comment

Take a book, During the middle of the day, if nothing is moving, read your book. Every page, look up and scan your parameter in detail. See him before he spots you. if you bring a lunch, make sure it is nothing odorous,

Here is a secret that works for me, if it is going to be cold, bring a book that is a bit racy, and you won’t mind the cold at all.

Comment

Depends here in Indiana most of the time ill sit for about 5-6 hours, When I go up to Michigan from an hour before sunrise till its to dark to shoot.

Comment

When all the guys are getting out of the woods for lunch is when I start paying closer attention to the woods in front of me. I have taken almost all my really good bucks between 1200 and 1600, including a 191 inch that I took while my buddy was back at the house eating lunch. That big buck had to walk the fence line that he would have been on to get to me. Talk about one mad guy. Crops are almost out here in southern Indiana and I will be hitting it hard this weekend.

Comment

During peak rut I will stay in the tree all day, but usually like WILLHAM, will head in for lunch and out for the afternoon around 2. Have seen multiple deer everytime I have been out with the bow, but could not tag one, bucks are still nocturnal so far, but that should change quickly if it hasn't already. Acorn crop in VA is a failure so deer are on the move big time, should be a good season.

Comment

i normally wake up at 5am, and get everything together and get ready for the morning hunt, i got out about an hour before sun rise, and sit until 10:30-11 o'clock. then i'll come in for lunch and i'll give the woods a rest for a few hours, then on along 3pm, i hit the woods again, and sit until dark, if you only sit until you get bored then go out still hunting, you'll educate, the deer around your property, and you will push alot of deer out of your stand, and they will become nocturnal, and only come in after dark. heres some advise that might work for you. take a book or magazine to read, or pull out your phone, (always be sure to keep it on silent) and play a game, you'd be surprised how fast it will make things seem to go by. also, if you keep your head in your game or book, for a longer period of time, and avoid to much movement, you will draw in some deer.

Comment

I go out about a hour before sunrise and will sit out till 10 or 11. I have herd of people staying out from sun up to sun down during the rut. Really its all up to you on how long you want to be there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                      by 99explorer
                      I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
                      Today, 09:09 PM
                    • Rip -rbg
                      by fitch270
                      2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                      09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
                    • Reply to Bows
                      by PigHunter
                      I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
                      Today, 08:45 PM
                    • Bows
                      by Danbo
                      Started practicing with my bow.
                      The deer don't stand a chance 😎
                      Today, 08:23 PM
                    • Reply to Rip -rbg
                      by Pmacc60
                      The public can focus on two different things at once ! Again liberal nonsense , put it out there and we can see what the president is planning for the...
                      Today, 08:43 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X