Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 15th... Opening Day of Gun Season...One of the best "Holidays" in Michigan. See first post for the rest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 15th... Opening Day of Gun Season...One of the best "Holidays" in Michigan. See first post for the rest.

November 15th... Opening Day of Gun Season...One of the best "Holidays" in Michigan. See first post for the rest.

Is anyone else from Michigan and if so are you ready for the big day. With a new job I weaseled my way out of work. I sighted in the gun last weekend and i'm going to check the blind this weekend. I love bow season, but Opening day has a special spot in my heart.

Comment

Not from Michigan but I'll be in the U.P. for the opening day.

Comment

I grew up in Michigan and I remember school being shut down for the first two days of season. It was beautiful especially if season started on a Thursday. Its pretty much a state holiday up there.

Comment

I am from your neighbor to the south, and the night before gun opener is like the night before Christmas. The coveralls hang by the chimmney with care while the hunters have visions of bucks in thier dreams. It is very magical in most rural spots in the midwest. Some folks don't understand, but we do.

Comment

Ill say this IND_NRA I'm from Indiana to and its a completely different event up there in Michigan! I'm giving up opening day down here to spend it up there. The bucks are bigger down here for the most part but its that atmosphere that I'm going for well that and the pasties (if your from Michigan you'll know what I'm talking about)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad