Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just recently moved to South Carolina for work. Not knowing anyone here I am finding it difficult to find hunting land. I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiglesias
    replied
    I am a new hunter this year in NY and I've had some pretty good success in my first year. NY is incredibly hard to find public land, especially down state near the city where I am. 2 references that I have used numerous times and will continue to use have been incredibly helpful.
    1: Your local DEC office. They, in my experience love to talk and give you information. They will point you to any public or state land in your area and tell you about what species are available and where you are best suited to try for them.

2. Search google for a s Carolina hunters forum. I did that here and found longislandfirearms.com forum. The members there have been incredibly helpful, I'm case there are any LIFer's here I'm tohrtd3 over there. Those members are so useful as a reference. You could probably even find a duck hunting crew that you can join up with.

Anyway, hope this helps, good luck.

-Tom-

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    How about the "sea" duck hunting?
    Anything along the coast or are you too far inland?

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    I also moved here this past spring (columbia area). From eveybody that I have talked to duck hunting around here is horrible. Quite a few of Woodies in the flooded timber, but everything else is far and few between. As for deer and turkey (some area's hogs) my suggestion is to find a hunt club in your area and try to join. Thats what I did, and I think it's well worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• I just recently moved to South Carolina for work. Not knowing anyone here I am finding it difficult to find hunting land. I am

I just recently moved to South Carolina for work. Not knowing anyone here I am finding it difficult to find hunting land. I am also wondering if there is decent waterfowling in the state?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad