Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of broad heads have y'all had the biggest blood trail and overall success with? Also, any reviews on Rage 3 Blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of broad heads have y'all had the biggest blood trail and overall success with? Also, any reviews on Rage 3 Blades?

What type of broad heads have y'all had the biggest blood trail and overall success with? Also, any reviews on Rage 3 Blades?

my biggest wholes are with vortex 3in broad heads. the company has since gone under but i love the broad heads. finally i have a love hate relationship when it comes to rage they fly great and produce big holes but they are prone to opening early. ether when pulling them out of a quiver or walking through brush the blades can open causing poor flight.

Comment

having shot about every type of mechanical head out there im not a big fan of the rage 3 blades or any type of mechanical 3 blade, how ever the rage 2 blade are awesome huge blood trails huge wound. also a huge fan of axe broad heads huge exit hole huge blood trail.

Comment

Not a big fan of mechanicals. I've shot most of my deer with razorback 5's and Muzzy's.

Comment

Have shot several deer and a couple turkeys with Rage 3-blades. For many reasons I did not like them.

Shot the Muzzy 4-blade Phantom last year and really liked the results.

Shooting the Woodsman this year. Results are not in yet.

Comment

Rage sucked for me, they do rip huge holes. But they were so big that organs started coming out and clogging the hole.

Comment

I'm in the non-mechanical camp, love my fixed blade tips. I have been using Wasp Hammer SST broadheads for years. I usually shoot 2 deer during the bow season and have had only one in the past 4 years that the arrow didn't pass clean through (still was a kill shot). A big plus for me is that the Wasp's are easy to take apart, clean, and sharpen for the next hunt.

Comment

Rage are alright but as stated above they tent to open prematurely. I am a Muzzy man. They have never failed me. I've never heard a bad thing about Montec either but have never used them.

Comment

I have used both Montec and Muzzy 3-blade. I only use the Muzzy now because the practice heads are much easier on my Block. I also like the replaceable blade feature with the Muzzy's. Their high quality and proven effectiveness are why they have been around so long. Muzzy good.

Comment

Rage 3 blades shot terrible out of my set up, my arrows porpoised every time I shot them, with no consistent shots. I shoot NAP Spitfires in 100gr and had plenty of blood to follow to find my deer last year. I did see first hand Grim Reaper broadheads leave a huge hole in a deer, the deer went 30yds and piled up.

Comment

For fixed blades I think the slick tricks leave the best blood trail. But for mechanicals I would highly consider grim reapers.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad