Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY gun season starts on the 26th. I have looked online and contacted the DEC but cannot find a definitive answer to my question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY gun season starts on the 26th. I have looked online and contacted the DEC but cannot find a definitive answer to my question.

NY gun season starts on the 26th. I have looked online and contacted the DEC but cannot find a definitive answer to my question. My question is this: since the NY Safe act restricts the capacity to 7 rounds, but for hunting is there a capacity limit?

What is the capacity limit I mean

Comment

NY safe act applies to hunting. Therefor, it is legal to possess 10 round magazines, however loading more than 7 rounds will be treated as a felony offense.

Comment

Thanks, that is what I was confused on. Looks like I'm safe for my shotgun, but does it apply to tube fed 22s like the Marlin 60?

Comment

It applies even to .22LR tubular magazines as well. Seven rounds is the limit.

Comment

Also for future reference, possesion alone of a magazine which can hold more than 10 rounds will be treated as a class B misdemeanor, regardless of whether it is pre-1994.

Long story short, 7 rounds is the most you can have loaded.

Comment

Check your hunting regulations. Most states limit the magazine capacity to five rounds for deer hunting. You may be able to use the full 7 rounds but hunting regulations will tell you that.

Comment

Back in the days a N.Y.Police officers had to buy his hand gun a S&W Mod 10/4" 6 shot 38Sp but only have 5 rounds in it and hammer on the empty cylinder! "Boy" I'm Glad not to live their,Thank Heavens for Florida.

Comment

Check the game laws, for deer I think it is 5 rounds.

Comment

Tree,
                    Just shows what dumbasses are in NYC. WTH would you keep an empty cylinder under the hammer of a DA S&W wheelgun? Did they think they were back in the Old West with a SA Colt or Ruger SA ? Geez....

Comment

Sorry *Chamber* Its was what the P.C.Deemed Safe back then, Hear tell it started with Teddy Roosevelt 1905?? But most would put 1 in=6 after Inspection and if you worked in High Crime Areas.

Comment

Yes, chamber is what I meant. too. See Armed Geezer post by Petzal...

Comment

The only info I could find in the regs was regarding semi autos

Comment

When Mayor Bloomberg was told that most modern semi-auto pistols came with high-capacity magazines, and that seven-round magazines for them were not available, he announced, sounding very knowledgeable, that seven-round pistol magazines simply DO NOT EXIST, and so ten-round magazines must be downloaded to seven rounds.

Comment

Correction: It was Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and not Mayor Bloomberg, who said that. He also said that, pending amendment of the law, police officers would not be held to be in violation of the law for carrying high-capacity magazines despite the fact that no exception had been made for them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad