Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok lets all be honest. Who here really relies on the moon phases or "the best day of the rut to hunt"? In my way of thinking t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok lets all be honest. Who here really relies on the moon phases or "the best day of the rut to hunt"? In my way of thinking t

Ok lets all be honest. Who here really relies on the moon phases or "the best day of the rut to hunt"? In my way of thinking the best day to hunt is Today!!! I believe that you can not shoot the game you are after if you are sitting on the couch wondering if you should be hunting because the "experts" have not said that you should. Go out sit in a stand and who knows maybe just maybe that deer or duck or whatever you are chasing may come by and get something to eat or drink. Hell even if you don't see or shoot what you are after maybe you will learn something new that you never seen or knew before. Just my 2 cents before the onslaught of "when is the best day to hunt" questions come.

I'm with you on this one, beer. The best time to hunt or fish is when you can and if all the heavenly figments of the zodiac, the weather and plain old luck converge on the day you're out, all the better.

Comment

I don't rely on the moon phase, but I pay attention, just as I do to wind, temperature, barometer, etc. Someday I hope to make sense of it all!

Comment

I don't rely on the moon phase, but I pay attention, just as I do to wind, temperature, barometer, etc. Someday I hope to make sense of it all!

Comment

I hunt when I can, but I do think they move more during the day on a new moon and less during full moon. But that's just an opinion. I follow the peak days of the rut too when its published but that's just for fun.

Comment

To heck with all that crap!
            Just get out there and hunt!
            If the rut hits my two week season, the wife knows she's lost me for a while.

Comment

I know both sides of this. There was one time that I wasn't thinking I would go hunting because a friend was visiting. I let him go to the nice stand. It was raining, and the other stand was in a place that wasn't finished and there was bad range of view. There was brush everywhere that was stack around the edge of the little clearing and there was no food there. I was convinced to walk out and sit in the "bad stand". About an our before her light was gone It stopped raining. I was board so I stuck my hand out the window to see if it had stopped raining. When I pulled my hand back in there was a really nice doe standing there not 25 yards away. Perfect view and broad side and everything. I shot it and it only ran about 20 yards (good thing to because it started to rain again after I shot). My friend didn't see a thing at the "good stand". I have also gone on a day that was a 'Moon day" and I saw several nice deer and didn't get a shot (I was actually squirrel hunting). I don't know if it is reliable or not, but I am hunting when I get a chance. I don't care.

Comment

I have yet to experience any more or less deer movement on "good moon" days. Like everybody else, just go hunt.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                  by franchi20
                  I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                  Today, 07:40 PM
                • Debate #2: new rules
                  by FirstBubba
                  New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                  The "Biden Campaign"!...
                  10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                • Reply to What's after Trump?
                  by franchi20
                  Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                  Today, 07:34 PM
                • What's after Trump?
                  by FirstBubba
                  No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                  There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                  Today, 01:46 PM
                • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                  by fitch270
                  The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                  Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X