Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your favorite early season treestand location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your favorite early season treestand location?

what is your favorite early season treestand location?

A ground blind where three trails converge on the way to a bedding area. The deer come by between 9 and 9:15 every morning. First the does and then a buck or two some time after, and sometimes from a different direction. Almost like they shadow the does.

Comment

I have 2 stand sites that I hunt early season. They are both on ridge tops and are between food and bedding areas. One is between a hay field and a steep hillside of thick mountain laurel. And the other (my favorite stand) is on a pipeline on the edge of a cornfield where a few trails merge coming from another hillside of mountain laurel.

Comment

I have 2 stand sites that I hunt early season. They are both on ridge tops and are between food and bedding areas. One is between a hay field and a steep hillside of thick mountain laurel. And the other (my favorite stand) is on a pipeline on the edge of a cornfield where a few trails merge coming from another hillside of mountain laurel.

Comment

try setting up on the edge of a swamp i set up right at the top of a hill on flatland so i can see on the flatland and in the swamps i kill deer and hogs doing this.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad