Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have never butchered a deer. We typically skin it then cut off the major portions and take them whole to a processor but I wan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never done it properly. I separate the muscles individually and decide by size and what muscle type they are what they're going to be. back-straps = steaks. larger thicker pieces are roast if the roast is small I cut it into steaks. parts like the legs that are tendony I make hamburger, the grate at the end of it separates the tendons from meat. small pieces I use for stew. So I end up with steaks, stew, hamburger, and roast when I'm done. If i have the extra money i get 50/50 pepperoni sticks made. I'm intrigued by the cut chart now. But that's how my wife and I have done it for the last 5 years.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad