Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe the Woolly Bear can predict the long-range weather? The story goes, the wider the middle stripe on the Woolly Be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozarkghost
    replied
    I have found that there is some truth in old wives tales/weather lore. I have noticed that the squirrel tails this year are already getting really bushy. Another sign of a cold weather.

Leave a comment:

• PAShooter
    replied
    The Farmers Almanac and the wooly bear seem just as accurate as the weather channel.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Longrifle,
    That is what I am seeing, very light color bodies and no stripe. What does that mean? Where are you located?

Leave a comment:

• Longrifle
    replied
    Seeing all blondies around these parts! No stripe. Is this one wide stripe? Or a stripe so narrow it doesn't exist?

Leave a comment:

• Longrifle
    replied
    Seeing all blondies around these parts! No stripe.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    The tails here in the midwest go by color, not the stripe. Dark color = bad winter; Light coloer = good winter.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I believe animals can predict the weathers days in advance but not months.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Weather Prediction between the Farmer's Almanic or a woolly caterpiller.
    Flip a coin! Heads the Almanic and Tails the moth.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Seems to work here in SW Washinton.

Also, when Winter is over, the earthwurmz come out and copulate.

Hence, the name of Mah book, "When The Wurmz Fuk."

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Oh sheet, all the Woolly Bears I have seen lately have NO middle band at all. Does that mean we are going to get hammered this winter? The leaf turn is just now getting started in N.Ohio and the colors are a very vivid orange-yellowish, about 0.1% turned so far. Bright colors compared to previous years. Does that mean anything?

Leave a comment:

• Do you believe the Woolly Bear can predict the long-range weather? The story goes, the wider the middle stripe on the Woolly Be

Do you believe the Woolly Bear can predict the long-range weather? The story goes, the wider the middle stripe on the Woolly Bear, the MILDER the weather. Conversely, a narrow band predicts a SEVERE long-range weather system.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by MattM37
    Perfect for Field and Stream! The Footloose soundtrack always takes me back to our house out in the boonies where we lived in the 80s. My big sisters...
    Today, 01:20 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by 99explorer
    Someone once asked an investment counselor to make a prediction about the stock market, and his prediction was that "it will fluctuate."
    Today, 01:19 PM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    09-17-2021, 12:23 AM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by FirstBubba
    I saw some bad in Trump, but I still supported him.
    I can't see anything to support in Biden.

"... I really like the increase...
    Today, 01:16 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X