Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Government says the Economy is picking up and the unemployment rate is going down. My question is: are all of you working t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Government says the Economy is picking up and the unemployment rate is going down. My question is: are all of you working t

The Government says the Economy is picking up and the unemployment rate is going down. My question is: are all of you working that can and want to work? Full time, if that is what you want? If not, does your State do anything to give you lower license/tag fees? Do you older hunters get reduced rates/free licenses like we do in Ohio? Should unemployed hunters get free licenses? Or, free meat donated by Clubs or others?

I'm a Retired N.Y.City worker and Now Run a Sport Shop/Gas Station/Repair Center Business full time, and the State of Fl,on my 65Th birth day many moons ago gave me a "Gold" Hunting & Fishing Licenses, Till I die. I learned in life there is "NO Free Lunch"

Comment

At least for now, The Government pays me to stay away from Work.

OK for now to take a break from interims of lesser joys.

It's just as well...

Why do they call it "work?"

All the good four-letter words were already taken.

What is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Comment

I think all of the government numbers are [email protected], there are so many people that have given up, taken lousy part time jobs or are under employed, not in their field and making poor money.

Comment

Most states will give you a lower fee on their hunting license and tags if you’re an active service member of the military.

Comment

When I turned 65 I payed a $1.00 for my fishing license. Had to pay $5.00 for a second rod stamp but everything else is the same. In Colorado they don't give you any breaks.

Comment

I am gainfully employed full time and enjoy working for what I have. Not in the field I have my degree in, but this day and age I am thankful for the opportunities I had/have.

Comment

During bad economic times, employers invariably become very abusive.

Here is the best message of resignation since Johnny Paycheck:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_tdY0V4Zo

Comment

I lost my job and my state did not count me as "unemployed" once my unemployment insurance ran out. I looked hard for work for a year, took many part-time jobs and finally retired early as soon as I was able so I was still not on the "unemployed" roster.

The good news is that retirement is great! I have a Lifetime Sportsman license (about $100 if over 60) and can hunt/fish all game in the state with no further licenses. I think this is an excellent program since many of us older sportsmen seem to spend more time conserving rather than harvesting game.

Comment

In Ohio after 66 licenses and permits are 1/2 price except waterfowl - they are regular cost. After 76 everything is free, including waterfowl.
                    My 1/2 price license cost $10 and one deer permit cost $12.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad