Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on quality deer management on both public and private land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on quality deer management on both public and private land?

Your thoughts on quality deer management on both public and private land?

I approve of both. Unfortunately, wildlife agencies have neither the manpower, nor the resources to manage all public properties under QDM. Some state agencies have designated a few parcels of their public lands for "quota hunts" (i.e. provide habitat for the species of interest, limit the number of hunters, and only a certain number of animals may be taken...selection is based on a lottery system) It works out great, and actually provides another funding source for the agency because hunters apply for the opportunity to hunt these well managed properties.

Comment

if you can find a good spot on public land go for it but is more fun to get to know private land and where deer bed eat and drink

Comment

We started QDM with 4 Other lease clubs 3 years ago and we are seeing a big difference this season. as for Fl,Public Hunting Areas deer must be/4Pt On State land.

Comment

I myself practice it but hunting public in SW MN is tough because there aren't any woods large enough to get back in 1/2 mile or more where nobody else goes. People need to start being more selective

Comment

Deer managment is very benifical on private land it will improve you deer herd and land creating big and healthier bucks along with the rest of the herd. On public land it is hard to practice for many reasons; you can't control how many deer are harvested nor what deer they take so the likley hood of practicing deer managment on public land is very unlikely situation.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen....
              Today, 12:15 PM
            • 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
              Yesterday, 09:20 PM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              Har, har. Nice try. And just what do you think drove earliest societal construction? Survival of the family unit/herd. It's ingrained in our DNA through...
              Today, 12:06 PM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by PigHunter
              OHH, I totally disagree with you. That's a ridiculous statement that "Blind partisinism (sic) is racism in a sheep's clothing." Do you even...
              Today, 11:59 AM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              If she gets to carry out a fraction of HER agenda, you will be very disappointed. Even the Dems at the debate only gave her a 5% approval rating and...
              Today, 11:58 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X