Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do to keep occupied in your deer stand? I am personally an advocate of the tetris on gameboy or playing with le

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do to keep occupied in your deer stand? I am personally an advocate of the tetris on gameboy or playing with le

What do you guys do to keep occupied in your deer stand? I am personally an advocate of the tetris on gameboy or playing with leaves or sticks

Sleep or watch the squirrels and enjoy the quiet. When I first started it would have been nice to have the electronics they have today. I just enjoy the break from everything now but it took a while(decades) to be able to sit still all day. Hunting in a tree stand means more to see too.

Comment

I listen to the radio. My hearing is not good anyway so with the ear buds I can listen in one ear and listen to the woods with my better ear.

Comment

I either am texting or playing games on my phone. The other problem with that is your hands can get cold but I found a handwarmer that has a square cut out that has plastic over it so you don't have to take your hands out of it.

Comment

I am on my phone all the time in the woods. Its a really bad habit but gets you through the all day sits.

Comment

I tend to see things the same way as Hobob. I like to just sit and listen to the wind, and watch mother nature put on a show. One of the things I love so much about hunting is that I can leave all of the technology back at camp. Funny thing is that its always there when I get back. However, my time hunting is becoming more limited and I don't know if it will always be there, so I try to make the most of it by leaving the other world behind.

Comment

There are too many birds, squirrels, animals and other critters to watch.
              I have been known to nod off from time to time, also.

Comment

Does anybody just sit and watch for deer?

Comment

That's what I was going to say.
                  I sit there to hunt deer. The show that goes on when the deer aren't there is well worth the price of admission. For me the peace and quiet are a huge part of why I hunt and fish.

Comment

I have pretty active stands. I'm pretty much always watching deer or waiting for a squirrel to wander too close...

Comment

A book is a vital part of my hunting gear.

Comment

I like the peace and quiet, it gives me time to think about things. I also do a fair share of sleeping though. I try to keep my eyes and ears "free." One of my first duck hunts i let some woodies fly past me so my dads friend could take a shot, they flew past him, circled back past him, and he still hadn't shot. I went ahead and shot one. I asked him later why he didn't shoot, he replied "I didn't see them, I was reading today's paper"

Comment

Ah cain't believe whut Ah'm readin!

Hunt or stay home, or mebbe go to work.

Comment

I have been known to play on my phone. I have a new carrier now, and I have no reception where I hunt.

Lately, I just keep my eyes and ears open, enjoying the outdoors. Plus every hour or so, I will grab my bow, and come to full draw just to loosen up.

Comment

Ditto~Hobob
                              I think SOME have lost sight of what Hunting is all about?....A club member Last week a Young man(23) was playing on his phone in his climber, When a 8Pt walked by..He drop his Ph,reaching for his Bow! you know the rest>>>>>

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                The latest rumors on the pandemic.
                                They have just discovered that drinking cow urine protects against COVID-19.
                                Who'd have thunk it?
                                Today, 10:38 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
                                Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories
                                Today, 10:19 PM
                              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I should have been in Africa yesterday. Damned coronavirus! ..."
                                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; Today, 06:25 PM.
                                Today, 10:15 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X