Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP... Elevated Ground Blind Advice See first comment for additional.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP... Elevated Ground Blind Advice See first comment for additional.

HELP... Elevated Ground Blind Advice See first comment for additional.

Just yesterday I was offered a chance to lease some great hunting land for this upcoming hunting season and many years to follow. Problem is Michigan bow season start Oct.1st. I will be placing stands up tonight for bow season, but I am kind of in a bind for gun season. Does anyone have any easy and preferably cheap ideas for a elevated ground blind. I am looking to build a 1-2person blind. I will not be able to drive to where the blind will be located so I will have to build sections of it and carry them into the woods. All this while trying not to disturb much of our bow hunting. Any and all ideas would be helpful as I have no ideas at all right now. Thanks

Comment

Would a Portable 12'One Man Tripod Work,Weight is 66# cost $98.99 on www.sportsmansguide.com

I have Two and they work real good if you don't like a spot just move-it.

Comment

Two man ladder stands are also available.
        In my younger days, when I found a promising spot, I'd simply climb a tree and fix up a fairly comfy seat with 3 or 4 short 2x4's. If it was a good spot, improve the site. If not, take your boards elsewhere.
        Good luck, good hunting and God bless.

Comment

I have moved a box blind into a spot in the morning and killed deer that afternoon!
          I hunt an area with extensive agricultural activities. The deer here are accustomed to minor irregularities in their "world".

Comment

Im not worried about moving stuff in, I would like a box blind that I can have a little heater and chair in.

Comment

Would it have to be a Box blind? They make Very Nice Pop-up and some have a split floor with 4" to 6" legs...were you can use a heater and seat.
              Good Luck....Hunt Safe...

Comment

I would suggest a pop up ground blind. There is not enough time to build a elevated blind, plus, if the spot you pick does not work, you can move it to another spot real easy.
                Funny story. Several years ago I was in a ground blind and a snow storm moved in all day - 6-8". The heat in the blind melted some of the snow. Problem was it melted on the zippers and then froze and I could not get out. Finally I lifted a side enough to crawl out -
                what a day.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad