Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on friday i shot a monster buckwith my bow however i didnt know where i hit him the next mourning i went to track him with my bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on friday i shot a monster buckwith my bow however i didnt know where i hit him the next mourning i went to track him with my bu

on friday i shot a monster buckwith my bow however i didnt know where i hit him the next mourning i went to track him with my buddy after about 300 yards of tracking we determined it was a low hit about an inch or 2 below the vitals. do you guys think this deer will die?

also we searched high and low for this buck after the blood ran out and couldnt find it

Comment

He will die from infection, likely gangrene.

Unless the arrow passed thru and hit no internal organs.

Then, who knowz?

Comment

The heart is the lowest vital organ in the deer's silhouette, so it seems that the deer should either be dead or recovering from a superficial wound to the soft tissue just under the skin.
        Watch the sky for vultures. JMO.

Comment

that's too bad... I know the feeling.

Comment

Look for crows and vultures. Walk downwind of likely dying spots trying to smell the animal. Look near water.

If the deer is alive he will begin to repeat his same routine in about 10 days.

Comment

JMO~ Put a Dog on the trail most country dogs will track or find dead game.

Comment

Go back in three days where the blood trail stopped.
                Listen for crows and look overhead for vultures. These birds are the best for finding dead game.
                Take a saw with you to retrieve your antlers from the dead buck.
                Good Luck!

Comment

If you have no idea where you hit him then how do you know you hit him low? Hitting them high does the same thing. Also how can't you know where you hit him? Did you take a hope and prayer shot beyond your range or after dark?

Comment

we determined that i hit him low because blood was sparse and i heard a loud crack at impact that means i hit rib cage and if wouldve been in the vitals we would have found the deer earlyer also it wasent a gut hit because we smelled the arrwow and it didnt smell like puke so we determined it was below the vitals

Comment

also it was a pass through at 40 yards about 30 miniutes before dark

Comment

Most likely he will die after days of excruciating pain and genuine anguish. However he may live to endure weeks of excruciating pain and anquish. More than you would imagine have the stamina and courage to survive all that torture even though they may lose too much weight to survive the coming Winter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad