Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your guy's opinion on scent-lok gear? Does it really work or are you just spending way more money than you should for ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like ill be the minority here but i do wear head to toe scent-lok gear. i wash it in scent killer detergent, use scent killer shampoo, soap, and deodorant. i spray myself and everything i take into the woods with me with scent killer when i get out of the truck. is all this 100% effective? no, you can never get rid of every scent, but i do really believe the stuff brings game in closer. the less scent you put into the air the better off you are and thats what scent lok, coupled with all the other precautions i take, help to accomplish.

Comment

Clay, I like your “Dump Starbucks” profile photo. A Plus one!

Starbucks told all their gun owner customers who had the right to carry not to bring their guns into their coffee shops across the country.

Last month they supported the right to carry gun owners in their stores.
      All Sportsmen should boycott the traitor company.

Below is the link on the story.

www.santafenewmexican.com/news/article_1cc858ca-3fe0-5995-b94b-985084539ef4.html

Comment

I don't by scent lock, but I do air out my clothes outdoors(not in the garage) before a hunt and usually put some pine cones or apples in the pockets. Other than that, try to not sweat.

Comment

Hi...

Never used it...never needed it.

However, the manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank...with your money in their pockets...!!

Comment

I think some of the scent issues depend on where you hunt. If you are lucky enough to hunt on private lands that are relatively undisturbed (or you hike in for an hour like Devine), you will not need to worry as much about scent control/elimination. If you are hunting heavily pressured deer on public lands, you need every advantage you can get. And playing the wind is a must but wind can change direction (especially in certain terrains) and deer can be unpredictable at times so I like to keep the odds in my favor.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad