Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I have lived in SW MN for 15 years and really got into bow hunting in WI at college. I have been spoiled the past 4 years hun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have lived in SW MN for 15 years and really got into bow hunting in WI at college. I have been spoiled the past 4 years hun

So I have lived in SW MN for 15 years and really got into bow hunting in WI at college. I have been spoiled the past 4 years hunting some of the best private land in the area I went to school. Now live in the cities and need to get out. I don't really know where to begin bow hunting the open prairies and small woods in MN. Any pointers?

Check out the Minnesota Bowhunters Resource Base and the MN Bowhunters Assoc. Between the two of them you can get hooked up with lots of special hunts in parks and heavily restricted public land that typically is not open to hunting.
    Some of the biggest deer in MN are taken on these hunts but it is not the full wilderness experience by any means. Otherwise it's banging on doors and establishing relationships with folks. Good luck out there.

Comment

Thanks! I will definitely check those places out. Bow opener tomorrow!

Comment

You bet, got a nice S wind and rain on the way to get them on their feet. Good hunting to you!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad