Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So,I just got my hunting license and completed a course as well so, I learned good facts about hunting. I'd like to start with T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So,I just got my hunting license and completed a course as well so, I learned good facts about hunting. I'd like to start with T

So,I just got my hunting license and completed a course as well so, I learned good facts about hunting. I'd like to start with Turkey first, but I am also interested in deer hunting. What are some good tips to remember for deer hunting and hunting in general? Some good firearms as well? Right now, I will be purchasing a Winchester Super X Shotgun which can shoot buckshot or rifled slugs. What are your opinions? Anything helps. Thanks!

The biggest thing to note when deer hunting is playing the wind right. You could have the best hunting land in the world but if you play the wind wrong you will be out of luck. Understand where the deer trails are and where they bed down and eat. Keep downwind from those areas and you will remain unnoticed. As far as shotguns go it depends on what you want to spend. Benellis are always a solid choice if you are willing to spend a little more. The Remington 870 is a great all-around shotgun. Ithicas are a great upland bird hunting gun but also bode well for slug season as well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad