Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those of you who bow hunt and also bait the deer, how far do you typically put your bait from your stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you who bow hunt and also bait the deer, how far do you typically put your bait from your stand?

for those of you who bow hunt and also bait the deer, how far do you typically put your bait from your stand?

It usually depends on the set up and how far you are comfortable shooting. I usually put my bait about 20 yrds out with my bow

Comment

I hunt fifteen to twenty yards down wind from my bait pile.
      I am also elevated in an eighteen foot high camouflage tree stand.

My camouflage is green artificial Christmas trees and reefs that were thrown in the trash after the Christmas holidays.
      The old Christmas trees stay green all year around.
      A natural tree branch is dead and brown in a month.

Comment

I use a Corn filled Pole feeder about 22Yd out, I'm in a 15'Two man T-Stand Fixed to a Oak tree.

Comment

it all depends on how comfortable you are shooting. if you want to, you could put it all the way out to 40 yards to give you more of a chance to not be detected. if your not that comfortable shooting out that far then you can put it close to your stand. What I like to do is set it up about 50 yards or so away and hunt the trail coming into the bait pile. If you shoot at deer that are eating at the bait pile you will scare them off and from then on they will likely associate that bait with danger. So I prefer to hunt the trail coming into the pile not directly over the pile. Whatever you choose to do, best of luck to you!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad