Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With deer season approaching, chances are we will forget all about small game hunting. What is your favorite small-game animal t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With deer season approaching, chances are we will forget all about small game hunting. What is your favorite small-game animal t

With deer season approaching, chances are we will forget all about small game hunting. What is your favorite small-game animal to hunt? Mine is squirrel, but I also like rabbit and bird hunting (crow, dove, goose, etc.).

Upland birds.

Comment

Coyotes and upland birds as well

Comment

Crow,Dove and Coyote.

Comment

Squirrels and bobwhite quail.

Comment

Coyote hunting would be my choice I guess but I also really enjoy the sound of the wind whistling across the set wings of a couple dozen geese.

Comment

I like the way rabbits taste the best, but I enjoy a squirrel hunt in the fall or coyote hunt in the snow.

Comment

Squirrels with a .22 pistol. (on the ground of course). You don’t get many, but it is a lot of fun.

Comment

As a kid I always ran rabbits with beagles. The beagles and rabbits have been gone for years. I really enjoy squirrel hunting when it isn't too hot and the chiggers are not bad.

Comment

The grandson and I will be hunting squirrels rather heavily this Fall and all the way until the season goes out next February.

Comment

Squirrels .22 handgun.
                      We have a weak population of pheasant and like to watch them, but don't hunt them at this time.
                      Coyotes and groundhogs all the time.

Comment

oh man...ill be hunting pheasant, grouse, goose, duck, crow, and coyote...yes, a majority of my focus is on deer, but its always good to take a weekend off of deer season to hunt something else. specially if you having a frustrating season and just need some time out of the stand.

Comment

should add that duck hunting is a relatively new sport to me, but got some friends up at school that hunt them hard and have extended an invitation for me to join, and i will be accepting it!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                            by crm3006
                            Amy Barrett's confirmation to SCOTUS actually made the court 5-4 again. CJ john roberts is a very unpredictable vote, and has come up with some incredible...
                            Today, 12:11 PM
                          • Rest Easy
                            by jhjimbo
                            Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                            Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                          • Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                            by jhjimbo
                            Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                            Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                            Today, 11:58 AM
                          • lightfoot lindsey graham
                            by crm3006
                            Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                            Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                          • Reply to Rest Easy
                            by jhjimbo
                            Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                            Today, 11:51 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X