Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help in Minnesota. Move to Minneapolis from rural Indiana. Looking for answers on where to deer hunt close up here? Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in Minnesota. Move to Minneapolis from rural Indiana. Looking for answers on where to deer hunt close up here? Used

Need help in Minnesota. Move to Minneapolis from rural Indiana. Looking for answers on where to deer hunt close up here? Used to private lands rather than public so that would be new to me.

Go to your states division of wildlife website and look for hunting area that are closest to you.

Comment

Sorry I can't help you with specifics but aside from what thehunter suggests above, I would suggest you talk to people at work, among your friends and neighbors, etc. Tell them you are new in town and need to find someplace to hunt. Let them know of your concern for safety and protection of the environment. Ask them if they know of anyone who might be able to give you lead. Thank them for their help and follow up on their advice. At some point you will make a contact that will help. Deer hunting is a very common pastime in MSP so lots of people are in the know. Your biggest issue will be getting access to good private land if possible. Therefore you will have to network your way to going with a friend/acquaintance or hunting on a friend's property. Public lands around the city will be well stomped.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad