Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello i was hopeing some fellow Illinois hunters could help me out im a 16 year old hunter whos about to turn 17 my grandfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    No help here.

Leave a comment:

• 31Alpha
    replied
    If all the kids on the south-side of Chicago are doing it then it should be ok, right? They wouldn't intentionally break any laws, especially ones controlling the use of firearms.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    OH and I must have done a similar search. Unconcealed handgun carry is allowed with only a foid. However the site did not mention age restrictions on open carry and I'm sure that there is a regulation. Make the right phone call as none of us are in a place to answer that safely.

Leave a comment:

• Brock Holloway
    replied
    im the same age and live in il. i have looked in to it and you can hunt with a pistol as long you have a foid

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You ABSOLUTELY need to check with the Parks & Wildlife on this one. A quick call to your local Game Warden would answer all your questions.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Smallgame: I did a quick search and it APPEARS your FOID is good for handguns as long as not concealed. However, don't take my research abilities too seriously. You ABSOLUTELY need to check with the authorities on this one.

Leave a comment:

• hello i was hopeing some fellow Illinois hunters could help me out im a 16 year old hunter whos about to turn 17 my grandfather

hello i was hopeing some fellow Illinois hunters could help me out im a 16 year old hunter whos about to turn 17 my grandfather told me if i wanted to this deer season i could use his smith and Wesson 629 .44 magnum instead of just a shotgun heres where the problem falls i have my F.O.I.D card so i can be in possession of long guns but at my age im not sure about handguns would anyone here know if theres any legal restrictions for me hunting by myself with a hand gun thanks for your time

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad