Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just a poll question for you deer hunters. how many of you guys expect to and do kill a buck every year? how many are spotty,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get a buck every year, but I am very selective as to which deer I shoot. I let all non mature deer walk. I rifle hunt 95% public land here in Montana, I have the option of hunting both mule deer and whitetails. I take at least one big dry doe home every year for meat but enjoy matching my hunting prowess against a big, mature bucks natural instincts.

Comment

I normally hunt pinches and funnels, im sure part of it is luck but I,ve always seen bucks first and that's what I've taken up to last year. we have a 4 point restriction and I could find that fourth tine mature doe walked out 20 min and in the freezer she sits.

Comment

I nearly always kill one "nice" buck a season. The bucks here in SW AL aren't trophies except to the hunter, and I'll take a 120pt, 180lb buck in a hiccup. More meat for the freezer and a rack for the tractor shed----and I don't care what anybody says, my tractor shed is kind of impressive after 55 years of killing bucks, even if they aren't midwest monsters.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad