Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Idaho Fish and Game defines a resident as "one who has lived in Idaho for six months prior to buying a residency hunting/fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Idaho Fish and Game defines a resident as "one who has lived in Idaho for six months prior to buying a residency hunting/fish

So Idaho Fish and Game defines a resident as "one who has lived in Idaho for six months prior to buying a residency hunting/fishing license." Further more, the means by which they determine that is that you have an Idaho drivers license. Does this mean that you have to have a Idaho drivers license for six months, or that you have a Idaho drivers license, and have lived in Idaho for six months?

Another thing that works as proof or residency is a utility bill.

Comment

Lucky you. Nextdoor, in Wyoming a year of residency is required before you can get a resident hunting or fishing license. Most states require an affidavit of residency and a number of ways to prove it if questioned such as rent receipts, utility bills, etc. For my first resident license I was prepared to prove my residency if needed with the final escrow papers for my house. Few people get a new drivers license as soon as they move to a new state since their new state will recognize a valid license from the previous state of residence. Hence, the affidavit of residency.

Comment

Yes, a utility bill is usually sufficient proof of residency. But it MUST be to a specific address, not a PO Box. I believe in Idaho you must change your drivers license and plates within six weeks after taking up residency. Hunting license is a different matter. Two different residency standards. Not uncommon either. Similar situations exist in most other states.

Comment

Dave, Monana WILL not accept title papers to property as a means of proving residence. You have to live there, not just own it and pay the bills. Been a number of high profile non-resident landowner transplants caught and convicted the last couple of years. In the age of computers it doesn't take but the flick of a button to find out if someone is actually living somewhere else while claiming residency in another state.

Comment

Makes sense. Just one more thing Ted Turner, et. al. screwed up in Montana.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad