Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy crap, guys! [Instert Big Game Species] Season is almost upon us! What is everyone doing to get in shape last minute? Or, fo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap, guys! [Instert Big Game Species] Season is almost upon us! What is everyone doing to get in shape last minute? Or, fo

Holy crap, guys! [Instert Big Game Species] Season is almost upon us! What is everyone doing to get in shape last minute? Or, for those of you who prefer to do things the right way, what have you been doing to get/stay in shape for the upcoming season?

My exercise regimen has evolved into lifts with a 16-ounce coffee cup and curls with a knife & fork. I will modify that to stack my plate a bit less and to push away from the table a little sooner.

Comment

for the past 6 weeks I have been in my preseason work-out mode. I have lost 20lbs since the 1st of july and have another 12 to go to reach my goal by opening day (sept 7). I lift weights 3 nights a week and run 2-3 miles 3 nights a week, while walking every morning 3-4 miles.

If I watched what I ate, I may do better, but I love food so I will eat what I want when I want and as much as I want.

Now that I am in my 30's, the lbs don't come off like they used to.

Comment

Ah walk two miles evva day and do pushups and isometrics.

Comment

I finally got my late son's bike out of the garage. That was hard. Very hard. I'm riding it regularly. It's not a great bike and still needs a few things fixed but it meant a lot to him (an awful lot - his favorite uncle gave it to him). Also returned to the gym for the first time since my grandson was born at the end of May. I do three miles on the treadmill usually in about 37 minutes. A very brisk walk not jogging. My right knee wouldn't stand up to the jogging but the brisk walking seems to be hard on hips so I may have to slow it down some. Most important exercise is pushing oneself away from the table (or bar). Diet AND exercise. One is no good without the other.

Comment

Hiking around the drainages for trout will hopefully get me in shape for hiking around for deer which will in turn get me in shape for hiking around for elk, which will keep me in shape for hunting rabbits before the streams thaw and I go after trout again.

Comment

My physician, who advises me that I must spit out whatever tastes good and back out of the room if anyone puts bacon on the table, asked me, "Are you a member of a health club?" I answered that I've carried a membership card to a health club in my wallet for several months, but I haven't lost and ounce. A look of disapproval crossed his face. I'm guessing the good doctor subsists on nuts and berries. I need a different doc, a carnivore.

Comment

While not exactly applicable to your situation Mr. Palumbo, I believe it was noted health-nut Willie Nelson who said, "There are more old drunks than there are old doctors."

Comment

I have never really had trouble being in shape for hunting season. Of course, I am still a teenager. I do "workout" though. Pushups and I run sometime or squats or chin-ups or sit ups. Whatever I feel like doing. I have gotten a good bit more endurance from these workouts.

Comment

Greenhead, I will point that out to the good doctor when next I see him. I'm a little concerned that his degree, posted on his wall, is written in crayon, so it's a little difficult to take all his advice seriously.

Comment

Does Dr. Pepper count as a certified physician? Don't go see Dr. Acula, he's always trying to take blood.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad