Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAM recently posted an answer that he shoots a 7mmWbyMag in a 3" group/POI offhand at 100yds, no sling or rest. How many check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAShooter
    replied
    I wish I would have tested my rifle after arriving in the bush on one Alaskan hunt. I now always test the rifle's point of aim.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Always liked Tom Osborne and his brand of Husker football. Even watched them whup Kansas State 38-24 in December, 1992 in the Tokyo Dome. My bud and I hung out in the parking lot as our charter bus from Yokosuka was parked next to the Nebraska team busses and we got Tom's autograph. Texas A&M used to be my second favorite team, but now with the snot Johnny Manziel and TA&M in the SEC, #2 goes to Big Red.

But I digress...

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    'Flyer

My friend from Kearney could not spell "nollege" either owing to the fact that he was a U.S. Naval Academy graduate.

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    I never "check" my rifle with an off-hand shot. I always bench check it under as static conditions as I can find to be sure all equipment is at zero.

I practice off hand shots, just in case, but never use it to sight-in or check a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    WAM -

Yeah, it affected evvabuddy Ah knowed, too.

Nobuddy got away with enny conjecture, especially if it could be proven by some kind of a contest.

It would be like Paul Newman saying he could eat 50 eggs in "Cool Hand Luke."

People would even debate if Bama football wuzza false religion.

Ah wuz walking to class one day and Ah seen Bear Bryant coming toward me down the sidewalk.

Ah said,"Nice day, Bear."

He said,"Thank you."

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Alumnus?

Damn. Damn. Damn. I swear English is my first language. And I believe Webster has it spelled "Nolledge."

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Bayouwoof,

Anyone who knows me will vouch that I will throw down in a heartbeat. Those pulp mills were too close! LOL

RTR

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    'Flyer

Would that be alumnus or alma mater?

A friend of mine from Kearney, NE once confided in me that the "N" on the helmet stood for "Nowledge".

Go Huskers!

I have to admit that the furthest hole was 5" from center of the bull, but a 3" group nonetheless!

RTR

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    At our lease we have a 8"steel at 100yd if you can hit it offhand, no need to sight-in but we all sight-in any way.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Alumnus? No kidding.

Last time I remember my alumnus (Bugeaters of NE) having a chance to beat the tide was probably back in '70 and '71.

I'd love to have a shootin' match with you, but I'm too damn tight to spend any money betting on it. I think the loss of face would be worse than a few hundred buck anyway.

How bout this: Next time at the range, fire ONE three-shot group, offhand, no mulligans, and post the center-to-center measurement. Gentleman's rules. Use your most accurate shooting stick, centerfire only. Deer or above calibers.

Loser has to sport the winners football team logo as their picture on this site for a week come the beginning of September.

I'm not great offhand, but I'm game.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Ah'm beginning to believe there's something in the water in Tuscaloosa thet makes us talk like Muhammed Ali.

And be quick to call ennybuddy's bluff!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Amflyer,

While I am a Tide fan (and alumnus), I may be prone to hyperbole, but can also lay out some Benjamins for a good ol' back 40 range shoot for the doubters with equal portions of cash...no brag, just fact.
    :-)

Neither would I take a 200 yard offhand shot. I passed up the best opportunity for an elk last year not being able to get in a stable shooting position in time.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I think the places WAM hunts most, blinds and stands aren't practical. It's generally still hunt or spot & stalk.
    I don't have access to that much territory.
    My favorite spot is a wheat field that overlooks a river bottom. I can't "shoot" the bottom, I don't have permission, except for retrieval purposes. So I built a box blind so I can watch the wheat field. The blind has a "bench" and shooting bags.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Every time I go to the range I make sure I shoot my Kimber 22 LR a lot . That habit helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Since my retirement several years ago, I am able to shoot a couple days a week. I rarely use a bench, and just position shoot, plus use shooting sticks to simulate African hunting. My eyesight and hand eye coordination are not what they use to be but I am a very confident if not an expert marksman. At least I still seem to fool my African professional hunters.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad