Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one morning before daylight I was out hunting and I was riding my four wheeler up the hill and I had a trail camera set and I ro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one morning before daylight I was out hunting and I was riding my four wheeler up the hill and I had a trail camera set and I ro

one morning before daylight I was out hunting and I was riding my four wheeler up the hill and I had a trail camera set and I rode up the hill and sat in my blind all day didn't see a thing then I got my camera and checked it then I saw a 10 point run by then I saw me on my four wheeler has any body had anything like that happen

Yep it has happened to me. My answer is to buy yourself something quieter like a golf cart, put a lift kit on it, put some all terrain tires on it, and camo it out. That's what we use and the deer don't hear us coming. Happy hunting.
    -The Kid

Comment

I gave this same answer on another question about a related topic. still worth a look in my opinion.

This huge MD 8pt was caught on my trail cam the morning I chose not to sit in the stand 20 yards from the cameras position. See trail cam photo at www.deer30outdoors.com/hunting/deer/trail-cam-gallery/pict0418/

Comment

no it hasnt because i walk to my stands...

Comment

I watch the deer scatter on adjacent ridges when some yahoo rides in on a fourwheeler. Pretty funny. Those guys will ride up the road, stop and glass while the deer are in defilade looking right at them. After they leave, the deer will slink over onto our land where one of us will shoot it.

Comment

I like to get in my T-stand when still dark 3:30 Am and sit and weight...Then when all the sleepy Heads get-up at 4:30 or 5:Am As they start-out, they move a lot of deer my way at Day Brake I get my Shot load-up and on my way back to camp by 8:am
            to start cooking for the 10:30 Boys, that say I dident See any Deer???Dhu

Comment

I agree with scratchgolf, I NEVER take an ATV hunting with me....I always walk, quietly

Comment

Guys like you move deer from your property to mine. Thanks. I never take an ATV to a stand I plan on hunting.

Comment

About 1/2 mile from where I intend to hunt is as close as I like to take the truck and about a mile for a ATV. I think the animals are used to hearing trucks on the roads, but an ATV spells trouble to them. I'm hunting a new area this fall so the ride distances might be different.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad