Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG Va Bucks showing up on trail cams. Would you shoot this buck? (link to pic in first post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Va Bucks showing up on trail cams. Would you shoot this buck? (link to pic in first post)

BIG Va Bucks showing up on trail cams. Would you shoot this buck? (link to pic in first post)

www.deer30outdoors.com/hunting/deer/trail-cam-gallery/2013-va-buck-7/

Comment

Tall, and symmetrical. He's a good looking 8. depends on a lot of variables though, if there were larger deer and minimal hunting pressure, I may give him one more year and see what happens to him. If he's the dominant buck and he doesn't stand a real good chance of seeing next year, I would be proud to put an arrow in him.

Comment

yes, I would shoot the buck. bigger than average on the properties that I hunt, except for a very big 160 inch 10 point that some moron shot and left lay. I had trail camera pics of that buck. got to keep the rack though.

Comment

Yes I would shoot him considering all the things against him making it through a season. I would enjoy taking such a deer now rather than waiting. If I passed him it would not bother me either as I have shot enough deer at this point He would be a real trophy to whoever got him. I do think every deer is a trophy to the hunter taking it.

Comment

I would take him in a heartbeat if he came by my stand. There are plenty of big bucks about his size or a little bigger, but he definitely meets my "standards."

That being said, I would not be heartbroken to see him survive and what one more year will do for him. Our team member Adam sent this in from his cameras. He has high standards when it comes to shooting bucks (probably why this buck is even on the camera) so we'll see what happens this fall.

Comment

Yes, I would take a crack @ him. Hobobs comment is spot on, if it makes you happy as a hunter, take him. Unfortunately, bucks around here don't make it that big. Poor Q.D.M.A., and too much pressure.

Comment

I would defiantly take him

Comment

I love those massive brow tines.
                  Yes, I would shoot him during archery season in a heart beat. He is in velvet his antlers are growing even bigger.

Good Luck and I hope you get him.

Comment

Big brows and maybe a drop starting on the end of his left beam?
                    dang it man! I am too excited for deer season and its still 40 days away!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad