Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing a persuasive essay for school about the problems represented by not allowing hunting. I want to there to be serious answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there are new animals every year, right? Is there new land every year? Hell no! So it is our God-given responsibilty to keep the animals from starving to death and/or being hit by cars or eaten alive by dogs. Think about this. Would you rather be eaten alive and die of bloodloss and grueling pain or be shot in the heart and die in a matter of seconds? Most normal people would chooses the less painfull second choice. And plus the purest of all protien in the world comes from healthy, cleanly harvested game animals. You should read the book "God, Guns, and Rock&Roll" by Ted Nugent. It basically is the best book ever written in my opinion.

Comment

Nothing that is moral and humane will benifite from banning hunting. If hunting were totally banned, then animals would totally over-populate, causing them to starve to death.

Comment

One thing that you might want to include are the current and previous years population estimates and harvest data. I always use this when talking to people that want to ban hunting. I live and hunt in SC. Every year the deer population is around 900,000 and every year about 300,000 to 350,000 are harvested. Does this mean that the population would double to 1.8 million in about 3 years? Probably not quite but it would definitely increase dramatically. I've got a friend whose parents live at the beach and after a bad storm several years ago many, many deer were pushed into their development due to flooding. The very next year they were seeing starving and dead deer that were diseased due to the massive over population in the small area. They allowed people in the neighborhood to start using bows and crossbows to help relieve the problem. There was also a large increase in human/deer confrontations and vehicle/deer collisions. It was 3 years before the deer that were harvested began being safe to eat and the health started to increase. They still see more deer than they ever did before but they are keeping the population in check. Dying from disease and starvation is a much less humane way to go than being taken by a hunter. There were also issues with pets in the area getting sick.

Comment

will post the essay when it's complete.

Comment

Is this essay still a work in progress? We're waiting!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad