Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Some Help... I have some friends that go to a guide in missouri whitetail hunting every year. I am planning on going with t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help... I have some friends that go to a guide in missouri whitetail hunting every year. I am planning on going with t

Need Some Help... I have some friends that go to a guide in missouri whitetail hunting every year. I am planning on going with them this year. Though they have said there is a ton of state land in Missouri, that has decent hunting. Does anyone know of any good area of missouri to try or if the state land there is any good. I may try state land next year instead of paying a guide.

Investigate the Mark Twain National Forest.

Comment

State land can have features deer like to hide in where private land may not. Also, the additional hunters on State can be a plus if you sit still and let them move the deer around. Can't tell you how many time I have sat on private land wishing there were some hunters to move the deer.

Comment

Took my best buck on the Mark Twain in 1989 a 17 pointer. However, there is good hunting in the Northern tiers of counties and the bucks average better antlers and larger bodies. Check out Adair and Macon Counties. Nice bucks come out of Hidden Hollow and Atlanta State Wildlife areas every year. Kirksville and Macon are the nearest towns. The Special D's meat locker in Macon takes in some monsters every year. Last month I got the 11 pointer I took on opening day near Hidden Hollow back from the taxidermist. Get you motel reservations asap.

Comment

BTW if you click my name and check the pic files on my profile page you can see that buck and others.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I live in Michigan and the state land here gets hit very hard. Sounds like Missouri may be a little better.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
              by franchi20
              I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
              Today, 07:40 PM
            • Debate #2: new rules
              by FirstBubba
              New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
              The "Biden Campaign"!...
              10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
            • Reply to What's after Trump?
              by franchi20
              Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
              Today, 07:34 PM
            • What's after Trump?
              by FirstBubba
              No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
              There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
              Today, 01:46 PM
            • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
              by fitch270
              The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
              Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X