Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever use military camoflage for deer hunting? I have a bunch of Marine Corps woodland (green pattern) cammies sittin aro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gierhedd75
    replied
    I use mine all the time. Though, sometimes I just dig a fighting hole and mark off my lateral limits. I dig my grenade sump a smidge deeper though. PA bucks are good a tossing them in. Especially around the rut.

No but seriously. As fly fisher pointed out, it's more about breaking up your outline. I wear my digital woodlands all the time, but mostly because they're socomfortable and afford more storage.

Leave a comment:

• themadflyfisher
    replied
    It works good. I own some different items in Woodland. Also most camo doesn't really work anyway. It's often been said that camo is more for the hunter than for hiding from deer since they don't see the colors anyway. As long as your profile is broken up and you're not wearing blue(apparently deer see blues quite well) it doesn't matter what camo you have.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I've worn it often and it is fine. The big thing with deer is to not move. If you don't move they don't see you. I have been dressed in all blaze orange before and had several deer nearly hit me while running. I've had one deer see me in blaze orange but it was only after a slight movement to raise my bow.

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    they work just fine

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I wear G.I. ODs under my 3-D leaf camo jacket. If you have it Wear it!

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    The military woodland camo is great stuff. It will do just fine and has done so before the manufactures convinced us we had to have all the high fashion stuff to make a fashion statement. Worked fine for me in southeast Asia so I don't know why it won't work here.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Mine was solid green before the pattern camo came out. I wore it,successfully, for some time as it was all I had.

Leave a comment:

• willy the kid
    replied
    I dont see why you can't. The deer dont care what your wearing as long as they can't see you.
    -The Kid

Leave a comment:

• huntnow
    replied
    All of my GI gear is better quality than anything I can afford. I use it all the time. GI gore-tex is the best there is.

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    Works fine for me, and a lot cheaper than my mossy oak. I like the extra pockets in the newer digital BDUs but haven't tried them hunting yet.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I shot a buck at 15 yards this past season with my bow while wearing some old woodland camo I had found them in the back of my hunting closet. All of my expensive stuff stunk and was waiting to be washed, and I decided to sneak out for an afternoon hunt. I think hunting the wind and no sudden movements are far more important than your camo pattern.

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    My uncle does it. No problem.

Leave a comment:

• Anybody ever use military camoflage for deer hunting? I have a bunch of Marine Corps woodland (green pattern) cammies sittin aro

Anybody ever use military camoflage for deer hunting? I have a bunch of Marine Corps woodland (green pattern) cammies sittin around collecting dust. Id like to put em to use for huntin deer since im done huntin terrorists.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad