Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how was the fawn drop in your area this year? seemed to occur late this year in south eastern MI, despite signs of an earlier r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how was the fawn drop in your area this year? seemed to occur late this year in south eastern MI, despite signs of an earlier r

how was the fawn drop in your area this year? seemed to occur late this year in south eastern MI, despite signs of an earlier rut that i saw from the tree stand.

About a month ago I saw some deer at camp with a couple fawns. I think they will do real good as the underbrush was very lush offering a lot of cover for them.

Comment

Thanks to the Members of our Hunt Lease, Handling Coyote Control, we are seeing a lot more young deer and Fawns at our food Plots and Corn Feeders. It looks to be a Good Year this Season,We Establish a minimum 6Pt Buck to help the Deer Heard.

Comment

I stay pretty clear of my hunting areas during the summer.
        Though we're still in a drought, we have had a much milder summer which should improve the fawn survival rate. The summers of '11 and '12 were viciously hot with week long stretches of 105° plus temps. Heat stress caused does to abandon their fawns.
        We've actually had SOME rain. Lot's of browse. Most farm ponds holding water. There just hasn't been any runoff and the local impoundment is like 15' low.

Comment

Real good in my part of TN. I've seen many fawns earlier, and had a pretty cool summer moths with plenty of water. Should be a good year.

Comment

I live in North Central Kansas and I'm still seeing spots here in July. I think the are a little behind because of the weather we had this spring.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
              by PigHunter
              You're right, I'm an Agnostic. But, I've been a Christian, Sunday School teacher, and lay preacher. With an hour's prep I could probably deliver a decent...
              Today, 02:00 PM
            • 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
              Yesterday, 09:20 PM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              Har, har, har. I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals,...
              Today, 01:58 PM
            • Reply to Another New Upper
              by jhjimbo
              What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
              Today, 01:16 PM
            • Another New Upper
              by DakotaMan
              Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
              Today, 12:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X