Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So just checked online yesterday and found out that my father and myself got drawn for deer in November here in Arizona. Missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just checked online yesterday and found out that my father and myself got drawn for deer in November here in Arizona. Missed

So just checked online yesterday and found out that my father and myself got drawn for deer in November here in Arizona. Missed the last couple of years, and didn’t get an elk tag this year, so I got excited when I saw it. Anyone else find out what they got for tags for fall?

Mule deer in 6A.

Comment

nice, I got unit 22 in the first of november

Comment

To DW: Why not get a bear tag and take it on your scouting trips? The past few years 22 has a LOT of bears, especially along the eastern boundry. As you may know, NFS has closed some roads around there about a week ago because of too many bears wandering around. FR171, for example.

Comment

Ya, I will pick one up, I normaly grab one in the fall either way, cause the time that I dont have a tag will be the time that I see one. Thats how a keep the mountain lions away from me, I keep a tag on hand. Thank you for the advice tho, I was unaware of some of the roads being closed.

Comment

Proverbs: Did you have any spring tags filled?

Comment

It seams everyone is drawing tags but me. I have 7 points for deer now and was only 2 points shy of max points for one of the hunts I put in for a 1 point shy of max for the other. My 3rd was the hunt you drew. I also had 8 points for elk and 14 for antelope. I guess my luck is really that bad. Desert are you going to hunt desert mullies or or up in the pines. I love mount ord in the burn was for mullies (you probably will not see any bears there but there are at least 5 backs in there that are once in a lifetime deer. my friend had the rifle hunt last year and shot a 160 buck and passed on 2 bigger deer because they where both long shots in low light. it was a great hunt with a lot of deer and a lion sighting.(remember to get a lion tag before you go) you will have to scout because the deer move a lot a buck that we had pics of at lest once a day for two weeks moved out of the draw he was in, at the first sign of rain 2 days before the hunt. I also like in between pine and payson but the land is tough and thick so it is not ideal for rifle hunting. finally i have heard that four peaks has some mullies there but i have never hunted it.

Comment

where the burn was*

Comment

Mike, I feel like I should give you my tag, for all the bonus points that you have. Ill be looking at putting in for antelope this next year with 10 bonus points but we will see. I was thinking about heading up into the pines in Payson, I hunted it a couple years ago for archery elk and had luck finding some mule deer at the water. But thank you for the insite and I think that I will use that insite and place a camera there and watch to see what we can find.

Comment

I got blanked for moose and local rifle elk again. Younger brother drew an Antelope tag, local bow elk, and local cow elk. Moose is a long shot to draw but I know guys who have drawn the local rifle elk tag 7 years in a row. Disheartening.

Comment

Wow, it is to the point here that it take a good number of years to acquire enough bonus points to draw for a good elk tag.

Comment

None in AZ, but deer and elk in Colorado 30/31.

Comment

DW: I didn't put in for spring hunts this year.

Mike: You aren't alone. I have 17 points for AZ elk. That's OK, I drew for Colorado.

Comment

Drew unit 20B for Mule Deer with muzzleloader. My girlfriend drew 4B for Late Season Bull Elk with rifle. So I'm looking forward to going on a couple hunts this year.

Proverbs: I was just up around FR 171 this last weekend. The weather was a heck of a lot nicer up there than in Phoenix. Also last year I saw a decent number of Mule Deer around Apache Maid mtn in unit 6A. Good luck on the hunt!

Desertwalker: Did you end up getting a Javelina?

Comment

Deer and elk in Montana. Trying to decide whether I want to spend money on bear and wolf tags too. I should but could have a nice new target pistol for what they cost.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by crm3006
                                I either buy the rifle and scope as a combination, with a specific pairing or purpose in mind, or, if I find a really good deal on a scope, buy it to...
                                Today, 05:09 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - You forgot to post the source of that great news item you are asking us to cut and paste and forward on.
                                Today, 05:06 PM
                              • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                                06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
                              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by crm3006
                                You see what you want to see, and everything you disagree with, is disregarded, or said to be fiction, in the eyes of honk the phony. Go plagiarize an...
                                Today, 04:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X