Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have been hunting for a few years now and a farm behind my house i hunt on the outskirts like in my neighbors yards in treesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have been hunting for a few years now and a farm behind my house i hunt on the outskirts like in my neighbors yards in treesta

i have been hunting for a few years now and a farm behind my house i hunt on the outskirts like in my neighbors yards in treestands. The farmer has left the fields fallow for four years to let the soil increase the richness because the soil was used for many years and was becoming less rich. he plowed and planted corn in all the fields except the one i hunt in. all the deer have been feeding in their and i want to attract them into my field. Im not allowed to hunt the other fields because another hunter hunts there and he doesnt like me. should i make a small foodplot, put attractant out, apples? I cant figure out a good plan on these deer and the bucks wont come out of the woods, so how can i get them in my field and not the corn field?

I made a small food plot with "Whitetail Imperial" and the deer ate it all up before archery hunting season ever started.
    Even the ground was all torn up.

Comment

it is hard to draw deer away from corn. It is by far, one of their favorite food sources. If you can create a small secluded food plot, you may find that the bucks will hit your spot first one their way to the larger more open fields.

Creating a "staging area" where they can hang out and wait for the cover of darkness before hitting the open fields. Keep it small 1/4-1/2 ac and the thick fallow field, which I assume the deer are bedding in, will hold does and attract bucks.

Comment

yesterday i saw 4 does rush out of the cornfield and into the woods and around last light a small 4 point was in the verge of the small hedro and another skinny but unfarmable fallow field. he was sitting on the atv trail. he saw me and ran. a few houses down my neighbor has apple trees that the deer love but the apples are to high up for them and they dont weigh the tree branches down so i grabbed about 45 apples and put them in a spot in front of my treestand about 35 yards out. im going to check whether or not they ate them because i broke a few up so they can get the apple juices smelling and drifting with the wind. @DEER30 @Gary Devine

Comment

Why doesn't he like you?

Comment

the farmer likes having me around but the hunter not so much. he thinks that im gonna mess with the deer and scare them around but i dont. the hunter is a terrible shot compared to me and he uses a slug gun. the farmer said the hunter has shot through the barns.but he leases the land and theirs nothing i can do but hunt as close as possible to it. @Old Stinky Old Stinky

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
              by jhjimbo
              Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
              Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
              Today, 11:58 AM
            • lightfoot lindsey graham
              by crm3006
              Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
              Yesterday, 08:19 AM
            • Reply to Rest Easy
              by jhjimbo
              Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • Rest Easy
              by jhjimbo
              Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
              Yesterday, 08:55 PM
            • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
              by crm3006
              "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
              Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X