Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a corn pile in my front yard with a camera on it. There is the same 4 does we see in the yard all the time, and they are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a corn pile in my front yard with a camera on it. There is the same 4 does we see in the yard all the time, and they are

I have a corn pile in my front yard with a camera on it. There is the same 4 does we see in the yard all the time, and they are pretty used to us by now too. About a month ago i got some photos of two bucks eating for about 30 minutes. They havent been back until the other day i saw the bigger one again at midnight for 30 minutes. How should i approach this situation? I know very little about hunting besides corn pile and hide in the bushes haha. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

sit and wait down wind.

Comment

Not ethical or legal to shoot them at night.

Comment

Just make sure they don't run in to your neighbor's yard and die if you shoot one of them....

Comment

And you are Baiting deer for Table Food?? or just some thing to kill?? Out of Season and at Night!
          That's NOT what a Good Sportsman would DO!

Comment

Im waiting until season to hunt and it IS legal to bait here. Should i go wandering off into the woods to find this buck or should i just keep baiting and hope the does scent bring this bad boy around randomly while im sitting in the stand? I found a bunch of rubs on the hillside behind my house from last year if that helps.

Comment

I need the sausage n burgers haha imnot a heartless killer. I have shot two does last year. i just did it over the pile but i reallly want this buck i just need advice on how and IF i should attempt to pursue him.

Comment

JMO~~ Put you T-stand near the rubs with a Corn feeder near by and let the Does bring him in.

Comment

I would move the bait pile away from your house.
                  In my home state you must be 450 feet from an occupied dwelling while hunting with a firearm and 150 feet from an occupied dwelling while hunting with a bow.

Wam makes a good point. Hunting near houses could have your deer die in a neighbor’s yard or their swimming pool. If your neighbor is a Bambi Lover she will be mad as hell and she will call law enforcement.

I don't know how big your yard is but deer could carry some ticks that have Lyme disease. I wouldn't want imported deer ticks in my yard while cutting my own grass.

Check with your State's Fish and Wildlife Department for their rules and regulations.
                  Be very careful and good luck!

Comment

I would tend to guess that the bucks aren't frequenting your location because it is typically outside of their travel corridor. Look for big woods within a 1/4 to 1/2 mile, or small but un disturbed pieces and you may find some more sign. Try and back track the bucks using your trail cam and common sense and find your way towards their bed rooms or more commonly used locations, assuming they arent totally nocturnal it sounds as though you are some distance from where they begin their evenings adventures. Possibly even across a major road way or a big stream/small river. Is there anything like this near your house? Are they completely dry in the photos? Or might they appear to be ringing wet as though they just swam the rio grande to get there?

Comment

try calling..... maybe one of the bucks will come out in the daylight. but wait till the season is in.

Comment

We live in the one wooded area in my town and there is a river behind our house that we always boat on. My neghbors a good ole boy so he dont care. But there is two little valleys on two sides of my house to the left and right. Behind the house is a hill that goes down to the river its about 50 yards from the top to the bottom, that is where all the rubs are and i guess they walk along the bank of the river too bcuz sometimes i see deer tracks in the sand. In the frint if the house is where the corn pile is. If that helps at all. What do u think the chances are of it coming around in season. My pops said he saw a buck in the middle of the day around rut this past winter probably during the rut. Im thinkn maybe i should just relax, keep the corn out and wen season comes around get one doe the opening day n then wait til rut to hunt again to see if he comes around for the other does. Any thoughts?

Comment

Move pile away from house. Set up camera on travel corridor, pinpoint where buck is bedding. Set up a stand close to bedding area downwind, and BE PATIENT! Might get hit by a car by then, or get bumped to a new area if pressured. And lots of practice shooting, Good Luck!

Comment

great article.This is truly a great read for me.
                            Mobdro is very famous app to watch online tv shows and movies. You are interested to download then visit my official website.
                            https://mobdroapk.org/
                            https://mobdroapk.org/mobdro-pc-laptop/
                            https://mobdroapk.org/mobdro-iphone-ipad-ios/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad