Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to bowhunting and have never used a climbing tree stand. Can anyone recommend a good one for a beginner and one that p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to bowhunting and have never used a climbing tree stand. Can anyone recommend a good one for a beginner and one that p

I am new to bowhunting and have never used a climbing tree stand. Can anyone recommend a good one for a beginner and one that packs light because I go deep in the woods?

Look at Summit Goliath SD Climbing T-Stand 21# holds 350# for when your Deep in the Deer woods.

Comment

2nd that! Treestand

Comment

I have grown fond of the Lone Wolf Loc-on with 4 climbing sticks. Will get you into just about any tree you wish.

Comment

I'll vouch for Summit stands. I have a Viper. It weighs about 5-6 pounds more than the Goliath but it is rock solid, no creaks or cracks, absolutely silent to sit in. Easy to climb with. I routinely carry mine about 1 1/2 miles across a valley to a stand and it's comfortable to carry.

Comment

If you go deep in the woods, you may want to get a one man, 2 wheel cart to carry your gear in and your deer out. With a cart, weight of the tree stand is not as important.

Comment

try going to bass pro shops and ask which kind of metal is lighter aluminum or steel cuz I forgot. but whichever it is get the best one u can afford

Comment

I think a lock-on tree stand with climbing sticks installed a few days before is the way to go. Because your in stand faster and things can quiet down a lot faster. There is also less human scent on the ground while setting up the climber. If it is still dark while you’re setting up the climber your flashlight is beaming out in every direction.

Comment

one word ...... aluminum

Comment

one word ...... aluminum

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad