Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Best/ your Favorite Rangefinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Best/ your Favorite Rangefinder?

What is the Best/ your Favorite Rangefinder?

I am going to be using it for archery so I will probably need the angle compensation.

Comment

I like the Leupold myself, but saw a nikon for bow hunting. Both have angle comp.

Comment

Can you specify as to what model of Leupold...?

Comment

Sorry,can't remember the model but it had a bow and a rifle setting so you could use for both.
          Think it was in the $350.00 range.

Comment

I use a Nikon Monarch 800, fast, light and reliable! There is NO angle compensation, but who needs that? If you do, you need to go to the archery and rifle range more often.

Comment

To rezavoirdog,
              How's range time going to help for angle of shot?
              Just courious.

Comment

Yeh, angle yardage is something no one can really train for.... I know a lot of people, experienced archers who have missed shots over or under the target because they were using rangefinders without angle compensation

Comment

I don't think it would really matter. Of course, I don't hunt from a treestand, so that's probably the difference. I have a range I shoot at in my back yard and have placed some targets on the side of a hill and on top of it. You don't need to drive tacks when shooting the vitals of a deer or elk. The size of the vitals of a deer is like a pie plate and those of an elk are about 3-4 times that size. How did Chuck Adams and Randy Ulmer harvest all those trophies without an angle compensating rangefinder? Practice!

Comment

THOUSANDS of hours worth of practice. They both shoot with them now too. Not trying to be "snippy". Just truthful.

Comment

I see your point Big O, but I just think that when one becomes more dependent on their technology, you lose that sense of being outdoors for the sake of being outdoors and hunting for the hunt, and I hope I never have to so depend on technology to close the deal on an animal, that I can't hunt without out that piece of technology that has made it easier.

Comment

My Nikon Monarch 1200 seems to work better than some of the models I've owned previously, fast and accurate.

Comment

Agreed with rezavoirdog and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad