Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Brother is a 55 year old retired policeman and he moved down to Rockmart Georgia to be with his grand kids. Rockmart is locat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brother is a 55 year old retired policeman and he moved down to Rockmart Georgia to be with his grand kids. Rockmart is locat

My Brother is a 55 year old retired policeman and he moved down to Rockmart Georgia to be with his grand kids. Rockmart is located in the northwestern part of Georgia not far from the Alabama state line. His daughter married a super nice Georgia guy who doesn’t hunt or fish. My brother is looking for a good place to deer hunt. The Georgia Fish and Wildlife sent him information already. I told him that the Field and Stream Answer room is loaded with Georgia and Alabama Sportsmen. You can’t beat word of mouth for a good hunting tip location. My brother is insured and he would pay into a deer hunting lease if anybody needed an extra guy. I’m not asking anybody to give up their deer hunting “honey hole spot” but any advice would help even on public land.

Go on line for GON Georgia OutDoor News or Woods'N Water look for Hunts-Clubs-Leases there lots of Clubs in Ga looking for members.
    Hope this Helps

Comment

Treestand, an awesome idea.
      Plus One!
      thank you

Comment

I live in NW GA, but I'm closer to the Tennessee state line (Murray county) and I live about 10 minutes from the Cohutta Wildlife Management Area. Granted the deer Are harder to find, they are plentiful. Both bucks and does grow big on the bountiful acorns. But if you do kill one, be prepared for some hiking, there is some rough terrain back there. Its public land and is located in the Chattahoochee National Forest. Also a good place to hunt bears, turkeys, and the biggest hogs in the east.

Comment

Hey Gary D: Your Welcome that's what F&S is all about,The best to you and your Brother.
          T-Stand

Comment

bscrandall, thank you so much for all the good information. Some people clam up when you’re talking hunting locations even if it is their third or fourth best hunting area.

Treestand, you’re correct about Field and Stream. I hoping more users from Georgia or Alabama would have made a couple suggestions.
            I guess like the saying goes "Silent Is Golden". LOL

Comment

Just about every sportsman I know down here gets on the GON website (Georgia Outdoor News). They have a message board that's even more active than F&S and the folks on there are mostly helpful.

Comment

Bioguy, where is the link to that site.
                Thank you

Comment

Bioguy, I found it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad