Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im looking at the tc dimensions with the interchangeable barrels. yes or no if not can i get some suggestions on a rifle for wh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking at the tc dimensions with the interchangeable barrels. yes or no if not can i get some suggestions on a rifle for wh

im looking at the tc dimensions with the interchangeable barrels. yes or no if not can i get some suggestions on a rifle for whitetail

As far as "rifle" goes, it's your money, get what you
    a. want
    b. afford.
    From what I understand, T/C builds a pretty nice rifle. I have three. All black powder.
    Biggest question is caliber.
    Personally, for white tails, I won't shoot smaller than .25 caliber. At least a 6.5mm if you go metric. I like the .270 Win but that's just a personal choice.

Comment

i wouldnt wast my money in a dimensions...i cant fathom that a gun you take apart and put together in a different caliber is able to attain any type of accuracy...buy yourself something between a 25-06 and a .300 win mag.

Comment

For multiple caliber/ga. I have the NEF. In .223, .308, 45/70, 12ga., and .50calblack powder. I really like the concept as the scope stays with the barrel, so every change is always right on target. The .223 and .308 are tack drivers. The 45/70 with my handloads is a real boomer. Black powder is also very accurate.
        Great way to cover all your hunting situations.
        The action uses a transfer bar system so it is very safe to hunt with.

Comment

The 7mm/08 is hard to beat for a white tail Taker.
          light recoil with a good pay-load delivery.

Comment

I wasted my money once on a T/C Encore set up and lost my butt when I sold it and I will never get stung on another T/C product. The .308 is a good whitetail caliber .

Comment

I shy away from interchangeable rifles. As was described above, I can't see how accuracy is maintained.Besides, when I need different rifle, it's more fun to buy another full gun.
              I may be too conservative, but I like a gun that gets sighted in and shoots minute of angle consistently and reliably.

The .308 is a caliber that you can get loads with bullets as small as 110 grain for varmints, 150 or 165 for deer and 180 grains for bear. Plus in the right rifle, will shoot tight groups.

A .270 is also a great choice, although with fewer and lighter bullet options.

A number of new rifle models now guarantee 1 M.O.A. @ 100 yards. The Tikka T3, and Savage 11 are excellent shooters.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad