Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

during the summer the farm that i hunt have very few buck on it. do you guys have any ideas where i should put a trail camera to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• during the summer the farm that i hunt have very few buck on it. do you guys have any ideas where i should put a trail camera to

during the summer the farm that i hunt have very few buck on it. do you guys have any ideas where i should put a trail camera to get pictures of them?

miller, If you’re going to bait them into your trail camera anywhere in the deer woods will do.
    If you’re not using bait, find a stream crossing with plenty of tracks or a heavy deer trail. The edge of farm field is also a good location for a camera.
    Good Luck!

Comment

I would look for a hole in a fence or a heavily used game trail that the deer will use often. You could also try a salt lick or a bait station, in which case, just about anywhere in the woods will work just fine.

Comment

during the summer bucks are not distracted by the lovebug like they are in the fall which can carry them out of their home territories and into new lands. At this time they are focused on groceries. They primarily move from bedding areas to food sources or water. I would set cameras up along the most heavily used travel routes to and from theses areas.

We only bait in the off season from feb-aug. A bucks needs change throughout the summer. In the spring through early summer, I use mineral licks and later in the summer I may supplement these sites with apples or corn. But I do not wander about and randomly drop a bucket of apples or a mineral block. It is always set up in a highly active area or travel corridor. This way the deer find it immediately. Whereas a bait site created just anywhere may not be discovered for several days and activity can be limited.
        If your interested, here is a link to some of our trail cam pix from over the years www.deer30outdoors.com/hunting/deer/trail-cam-gallery/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad