Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm debating on switching my deer hunting location to where I turkey Jutes this spring. The farm was loaded with turkeys, but al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm debating on switching my deer hunting location to where I turkey Jutes this spring. The farm was loaded with turkeys, but al

I'm debating on switching my deer hunting location to where I turkey Jutes this spring. The farm was loaded with turkeys, but all season I didn't see the first deer. Not much sign either. But it's loaded with white oaks and plenty of good travel cooridores. I'm just worried about putting out minerals and trail cams. Any advice?

That sounds like a place for a Trail cam or two and some small food plots, is there any water near by Stream,Pond,Creek would be a spot for a t/cam.What State are you in..?? can you put out a Corn feeder.

Comment

White oaks if I remember only produce very other year. So if this is the year, I would think about a switch. If not, you will be sitting there alone, wondering where the deer are.

Comment

Im in Ohio. There is a creek that runs through the middle of the main holler and a pond on the other side of the property out in an open cow pasture. Also there is alot of maple and beech trees in there to with some red oaks. It should be loaded with deer but its just weird that we hunted for a month down ther and didnt see the first one. My grandparents live up the hill and say they see them all the time. Have even had big bucks walk through the back yard during the rut.

Comment

Set up a blind by your Grandparents place or, get some mineral licks or food down by the creek. The deer are probably there, just not when you are. Camera's should help you determine when and where to go.

Comment

Drewbeman - It impossible for anybody to give you real good advice without knowing exactly what you're working with. That said, I have been working with deer and studying their movements and behaviors year-round for the past 6 years and have become pretty good at predicting deer movement based on topo maps and aerial images. Here's what I recommend...go to biggamelogic.com, register a free account, make your camp map, friend me, and invite me into your "camp" (I'm bioguy there too). From there I can see what you have to work with, and make recommendations as to which areas have the most potential for deer movement based on geographic landscape features.

The big game logic website has other features for patterning deer based on trail camera and observation data, keeping food plot journals, and keep records of your hunts and trophies if you're into that kind of stuff. I highly recommend the site for any serious deer hunter and it will prove invaluable for patterning deer. Hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

thanks for the tip man. I got it set up on there. On the new place and the place im on now both.I dont have any trail cam pics from this spring yet.

Comment

That's alright...as long as you have the property boundaries outlined I can get an idea of what you have to work with and I should be able to find some areas with some potential.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad