Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This ones for you mostly Mr. Cooper. Did anybody else see America's Most Wanted/John Walsh the other day, on the "cop killer"(hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ones for you mostly Mr. Cooper. Did anybody else see America's Most Wanted/John Walsh the other day, on the "cop killer"(hi

This ones for you mostly Mr. Cooper. Did anybody else see America's Most Wanted/John Walsh the other day, on the "cop killer"(his words not mine)fN 5.7. He then shot thru a "bullet proof" vest. What say you folks?

First off, I HATE THE MEDIA.

Second of all, who knows what kind of vest this was. The "armor piercing" rounds aren't available to the public. If you look at the ammo, it's the tiniest, wimpiest thing chambered for a pistol since .22lr. The "armor piercing" rounds manages to get through vests (not our current ones, only the old ones) with special bullets and higher pressure/velocity. Again, unless you are a military armorer, you can't get these rounds. They are only more effective than other pistol cartridges on body armor. Armor that can stop our 5.56 can easily stop any 5.7x28 round.

It's all hype based on the public's gun ignorance. If you're actually informed, you know that this thing isn't very scary. Even if it was, are the law-abiding citizens that buy it going to kill cops because they have it? No. And despite what the antis want to tell you, only the tiniest fraction of criminals got their guns from gun shows or from theft.

I think this would be a fun little gun to have for plinking and small game. The magazine capacity is huge because the cartridges are so tiny, but even fully loaded, it's really a lightweight.

Comment

fN 5.7 will not penetrate the bullet proof vest today’s Law Enforcements are wearing. Second, the fact of the matter the body armor they are wearing are more to protect themselves from the handgun they are carrying getting into the wrong hands during a fight and being shot with their own gun.

By the way, the body armor they are referring to is a “Class II” considered very light body armor and is not used by any Law Enforcement I know of unless they are worried about BB guns!

One more thing, a 22 Magnum is just as powerfull!

Comment

O'ya, wat about the 17 cal rimfires!!

Comment

I am so sick of hearing about "Cop Killers." That seems to be the media's favorite word when it comes to firearms. I remember when they banned black talon bullets after the North Hollywood Bank Shootout because black talon's were used by the criminals, and some cops were killed. This apparently made a bullet coated with Lubalox a "cop killer." This event also led to the ban on armor piercing pistol bullets. The point is you can kill a cop with about anything, but that doesn't make it a pure-bred cop killer worthy of banning. Winchester's Black Talon was a great bullet. Black Talons are basically just a Ranger SXT coated with the black coating used on their Supreme line of rifle ammo. Luckily you can still buy the same bullet design, it just creates a little more fowling without the lubalox. The joke is that Ranger SXT stands for Same eXact Thing.

Comment

We used to shoot deer back in NY and VT with .308 Black Talons. They do a number. I think there might be a few left somewhere. Uh oh...

Comment

Clay - .17 HMR rounds have less energy, but are faster with less surface area, so with the right bullet, they could be equally as "armor piercing". Better ban them too. Better ban anything more powerful than .17 HMR or 5.7x28. Deer rifles and especially elk rifles will turn just about any vest into swiss cheese, so I guess we have to ban all of them too...

Comment

Have any of you seen the 5.7x28 shoot through the phone books. It takes some looking on youtube, but in the video they show about a foot of phone books being shot by the 5.7x28. Two rounds both go all the way through. Yall should check it out.

Comment

As for pistol calibers, 7.62x25 FMJ (think Tokarev or CZ-52)will penetrate darn near anything thanks to small diameter and high velocity. It's not some special "cop killer" technology; it's simple physics. As my buddy Raimey is fond of saying, "You can't fight physics." Any decent deer rifle caliber will penetrate the lower threat-level vests (i.e., no trauma plates)with ordinary jacketed bullets.

Comment

Check out this link.
                    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&itemnober=38-872-038-00&partNumber=10202866

Comment

shane

It's the small diameter and velocity that slips thru the fabric!

Besides, I’m not going to tell, I can penetrate none metallic body armor with a 22 LR, I’m not going to say how!

Comment

Yeah that's what I said with different words.

I don't think there are any vests right now that will stop the right bullet out of a fast deer rifle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad